Chp.14- Must Hate The Dirty Blouse

Comenzar desde el principio

The rest of the line flew by quickly as she joined the end of the line again and in just 1 minute she was at the front of it again.

"That'll be three dollars and 25 cents." The man said. Natalia nodded and handed him a $5.00 bill and he gave her back a dollar and 75 cents.

She walked out of the door and took her phone out of her large purse and checked the time. She spent 20 minutes in that stupid store, leaving her only 10 minutes to get to work. She stepped into her car and started it as she took big bites of her bagel.

7 minutes later, she arrived at Science Tech Inc. She had three minutes to be in that building!

She grabbed her purse and stepped out of the car as she tool her keys out of the ignition.

Walking fast with a pep to her step, she opened the front door and was immediately greeted by a group of friendly looking people.

They all were scurrying around the building with smiles on their faces while holding either a coffee cup or a clipboard in their hands.

Natalia smiled and took a deep breath as she started walking again towards the room she once visited yesterday. Sure enough, Aimee and Dylan were there.

He stood up when he noticed Natalia's presence and smiled at her.

"You're late." He said sternly.

"It's only..." She pulled out her phone again and showed them the time. "7:59. Therefore I am not late." She stated confidently. He rolled his eyes and chuckled as he walked out of the room with Aimee walking next to him.

"Your office is on the 15th floor. Here is your key, schedule folder, manual, and name tag." He dumped all of the items into her arms, making her lose her balance. She fell to the floor with all of the things tumbling down with her as a blush rose up to her cheeks.

"Oops.." She muttered clumsily. She stood up immediately and smoothed out her tan skirt, trying to play the incident off. "Sorry. Please continue." She nervously smiled at him.

"Anyway.. Your room number is 3. But make sure that you read every single page of that manual and schedule folder. Put the name tag on the top of your door. After you do all that, contact me at the number that is on the schedule folder and tell me that you are done and we'll start from there. Good luck." He smiled at Natalia before walking away to the restroom. Aimee looked at her and laughed.

"Oh darlin', you look as red as a tomato. Don't be nervous! The manual isn't really all that much to read. Only about 18 pages. But seriously, no need to fret and get all worked up. Your first day should be easy. All you gotta do is don't stress'." Aimee expressed genuinely. Natalia nodded and gave Aimee a quick hug. "Oh and don't forget, tomorrow you can decorate your office... It looks like you didn't bring any decor in today."

"Of course! I'm all about the decor. Trust me, you WILL see so many colors in there tomorrow. But thank you for all your advice, I'm already feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your day!" Natalia chirped before walking towards the elevator. She pressed the number 15 with her finger and it started rising. When it dinged, she walked out and heard something drop to the floor. She turned around and realized that she dropped the manual on the floor. She bent down and attempted to pick it up, but that's when she felt feet trip over her back.

"Ouch!" Natalia exclaimed, rubbing her back in the process.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry! I did not see you there! Oh gosh... You're covered in coffee. That is not good." An English boy who looked about 26 commented. He looked down at Natalia who was still crouched on the carpeted floor while rubbing her back. "Oh God. Let me help you."