Chapter 37: Hopeful Times

Start from the beginning

Elmenhilde was fearful, unlike the others that hated Issei, she knew what she had done, and if Issei were to collect her debt, she couldn't stop him even if she wanted to. Her demise seemed to be inevitable at this point. 

The DXD Team had varied reactions, most of them were despair and fear, as they knew one thing that Issei would soon come for them. Some like remnants of the former Gremory Peerage, Bael Peerage and Sona's peerage, all of them had anger in their eyes. But Sona herself was fearful. The most Livid were the Remnants of Team Slashdog. 

The only ones that were saddened were Shiva and Indra, they never hated the boy, but Issei thinks they are his enemies, they knew that their chances of talking to him are low but they still had to try. 

Their only hope for survival was to contact Issei as soon as possible, they were starting to see Issei and Malak's point of view. They wondered that they could even talk to him or not. 

Opening Start

Issei is walking across the fields.
Malak is surrounded by the burning remains of Grigori

Issei and Nyx are seen side by side looking at the screen.
A book shows up, as Issei comes in his Strongest Red Dragon Armor.
Dai Hyoudou is seen with a sinister smirk, with Rias standing next to him.

Asia and the other girls are fighting against Malak, using magic.
Aika looks above, walking through a puddle.
The ORC, Student Council, Vali Team, and Team Slashdog are shown, all as a pair of angry eyes glare at them.

Issei looks at the book, remembering his past well, he visions the factions falling apart.
Ingvild looks at a figurine of Dai, as she crushes it, tears falling from her eyes, anger on her face.

Artemis, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Quinella, and Gondul watch their factions with disdain.
Ingvild closes her eyes and looks at Dai with a determined look. Miyuki grits her teeth remembering her sisters
Issei is on his knees, his past haunting him, as a family photo shows up, with a slash on it.
Issei is separated from his family.

He looks at Sirzechs, as they both radiate their aura.

Opening End

The Next Day, 

Hyoudou Residence, 9:30 AM

Issei had woken up from his sleep as he was the first to get up and get dressed, just as he saw Artemis missing, he could hear her vomiting, rushing inside he saw her puking once again, he pats her back to calm her down, while speaking, "It's okay...I am here...."

Soon enough, she stopped puking and looked at Issei and muttered, "I am sorry..."

"Don't be, just relax and...I'll get you some water, drink it up..." Artemis looked at him and nodded, Issei couldn't wait to tell the exciting news to his friends as he helped her up, with Artemis responding. 

"I am a Goddess of Hunt, I'll be fine.." Issei shook his head and responding, "Nothing is stopping me from helping you...c'mon..."

Issei helped his mate move, while Artemis reluctantly accepted this, she knew that Issei was a stubborn person and not a lot of things will change about him. She internally sighed, knowing his protective nature, all Dragons were like that if anything. 

Athena also had joined in helping Artemis and Issei as she headed downstairs for breakfast. They all headed downstairs, as Artemis sat on the table, with Athena sitting beside her and helping her up.