17 || Sandstone

Mikey holds Rory in his arms, gazing up at his brothers in disbelief. They were in great shock for Rory, that they didn't realize that Violetta was screaming in terror and attacking Shredder with whatever energy she had left. She wanted to do what she felt she should have when she had the appropriate timing and mindset. Violetta wants to kill Shredder. She will fight for Rory.

With each hit she gave him, she had forgotten about his exposed abdomen, but she didn't lose knowledge of it for long. When able, Vi had somehow broken one of Shredder's sleeve blades, making it fall, clatter, and skid against the flat surface they fought on. And before she could go after it and use it against Shredder, the man gripped his youngest daughter's neck, strangling her harder than he did with Rory.

"Vi!" Donnie called out, attempting to step forward to help her with his brothers and Splinter.

Aggressively, just before Shredder blocked her airway even more, she demanded the Brothers, "STAY AWAY!!" Violetta wiggled and gasped for air as best she could. The only hand Vi owned begins clawing at Shredder's hand and arm, trying to dig under his armor to scratch him somehow. It was useless. As she stared into his eyes through that mask, she could see the murderer he was, the monster he will always be, and that he needs to be stopped permanently. Prison won't stop him.

Shredder laughed at Violetta, holding his only remaining blade up against her ribs, threatening to plunge them into her slowly. "Your time has come to an end!" He bellowed at her.

She continues to struggle and kick, yet nothing is affecting Shredder. Vi managed to slip some words out of her mouth to him. "I-I won't let you hurt one more person!" Violetta raged under Shredder's hand, doing her utter best to pry his armor from her neck.

All Shredder did in response was laugh, mocking Violetta's words. "Oh, you're not letting me!" He tightened his grip.

Violetta panted, feeling that her energy was reaching its very end. Thankfully, Raphael had thrown one of his sais at Shredder's mask to distract him. It worked. Shredder released his hand from Violetta, allowing her to be set free and go straight for the stray blade that was feet away.

Shredder quickly focused on Raphael, but as soon as Vi booked it for her father's weapon on the roof, he pivoted his body in her direction and went straight after her.

Vi snatched the weapon from the roof, tripping in the process and landing against the short wall of the building, her back up against it. She breathes dramatically, grunting in discomfort and pain, and watching Shredder draw nearer. "No!" It was all so fast, that Vi couldn't register him landed on top of her with the blade pointing upward and finally sticking it through Shredder's leather suit, directly aiming for his heart. Shredder finally fell on top of her, weakly chuckling until his entire body had gone limp. Then, his body fell to the side, letting Violetta catch her breath and scoot away from his dying soul. 

"Vi!" Don called out, coming to her side and placing his arm around her. She couldn't speak, but quickly, she moved away from Donnie to come to her sister who was currently slipping away. That is who she wanted at the moment.

Violetta took Rory from Mikey, cradling her in her lap and feeling the hot blood from Rory soak into Vi's hospital gown. "Rory, hey." She whimpered with a small smile. "Stay with me. I'm right here." She brushed Rory's hair from her face.

"Vi," Rory placed her bloody-covered hand on Violetta's cheek, resting it gently. Vi put her hand on top of her sister's as the hot tears fell on her white and cold cheeks. "M-My name," She gasped. "is... Sandina."

Rory-Sandstone. A new name for her new self. She wanted to replicate her new name towards Mikey's mask color, just like how Violetta somehow replicated Donnie's mask to Indigo. During these first moments with the Brothers just up until her death, Rory felt a bond forming for Mikey, one that she couldn't describe but it was brand new and precious to her. She was unable to tell Mikey 'thank you' or let him know he had helped her.