14 || Code Yellow

Bursting through the lair, Raphael and Leonardo are searching for their father, Splinter. After figuring out that danger is possibly going to stir up, the two older brothers needed to ensure their father was safe here. "Dad!" Leo bellowed, his deep tone echoing off the walls. "Dad, are you here?!"

Right away, Sensei Splinter came out from his bedroom, noticing his sons were in distress. "Boys, what's going on? I'm here."

They sighed in great relief together, seeing that Splinter hadn't been harmed. But there was April, Casey, and Vern! What if they are in danger, too? "Dad, come with us. We need to check on everyone."

"Boys!" Splinter stopped his sons, touching Leo's shoulder. "What is this about?"

Leonardo and Raphael knelt down at the father's eye level and explained their observations from just minutes ago. "Sensei, Indigo has been attacked by an unknown suspect. I believe it is the Attacker from headquarters." Says the leader. "Donnie and Mikey are going there to get her back."

Splinter lowered his upright ears in sorrow, feeling that this was too soon to share with his children. He just hoped that they'd forgive Violetta-Indigo for her actions back at the Police Station. The rat had no choice but to bring up the truth in order to protect them and so that they would understand what may be happening here. "Leonardo, Raphael," He began, looking each of them in their blue and hazel eyes. "Indigo is Shredder's daughter. Her birth name is Violetta and she is trapped under her father's shadow..."

Leo and Raph could feel their stomachs sink into the floor from hearing this news about her. They could grapple with this information too well. Raphael felt anger brew inside his chest and Leonardo felt very betrayed and dumbfounded. "Wh-What?... Violetta as in the one we've been looking-- The nerve this girl has!" Raph grunted.

"Now, hold on!" Splinter stopped him. "I understand that Violetta attacked at the Police Station, but it was demanded of her! She was forced to become someone she is not!" The mutant rat defended her, waiting for his sons to retain this information and settle a bit.

"She lied to us, Sensei!" Raph's volume went up a little more than before.

"And she lied to her gut-retching father." Says Splinter to his sons. He looked at the blue-masked turtle, seeing he was lost for words. "Leonardo," He got his eldest's attention. "Violetta's older sister, Rory is on the hunt for us. If Violetta has been attacked, there's a chance her sister is close by."

The leader had to assume this figure in the night had to be Violetta's sister. Who else could it be? The way it moved, the way it stayed hidden like a coward and attempted to intimidate had to be Rory. If he is right, she must be dealt with and Violetta's fate with his family will be decided later. Leo had to put his feelings toward Violetta to the side for now. At this very moment, he needed to defend her from her violent, outgoing sister. "Dad, come with us. I'll bring you to April's apartment to ensure your safety." He got up from the floor with Raph, guiding the rat out of the lair. "I can't take any chances if Indigo-- Violetta's sister knows where the lair is."

"Leonardo," Splinter says, still following his sons. "Look out for your other brothers. The truth might hurt them, especially Donatello."

That's right... Leo had remembered. He noticed Donnie enjoyed being around Violetta-Indigo, but he also was uncomfortable around her. Still, a majority of Don's feelings toward Violetta were more positive than negative. To be honest, Leo wasn't entirely sure if Donnie was growing feelings for Vi... Well, to make sure Donnie got to see this girl again in good health, he will do what he must.

Protecting the enemy that snuck underneath the Brothers' noses.

****

NYC Health Hospital