05 || Imposter

Tᴡᴏ Dᴀʏs Lᴀᴛᴇʀ...
𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟼, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
- 𝟼:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼 -
𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

A couple of days had gone by and tonight is the night to be having the HQ Potluck with Chief Rebecca Vincent and the other officers. In the lunch room of the Headquarters, different dishes of food and a variety of beverages had been placed out on a long table, and boy, did it smell fantastic!

The Boss Lady walks into the lunchroom and views the organization from the doorway and grinned at her assistant, Jade-- a beautiful woman with long dark hair and a slim figure. "Amazing." Chief says, looking at Jade. "Now we just wait for people to pour in." She said, turning from the doorway.

"Oh, Chief Vincent." Jade stopped her boss. "The Brothers and Splinter-- how are they getting in here?"

The Chief chuckled. "They'll find a way. My guess is the elevator shafts like they did last year," She whispers with a chuckle before walking out of the room and entering the hallway. Right behind her, Jade followed.

****

In the lair, Mikey was blaring his latest playlist on a Bluetooth speaker, letting the sound travel throughout his home. As he was preparing for the potluck at Police Headquarters, his brothers and Splinter were getting ready, too.

Donatello stared himself in the mirror hung up near his bed cut out in the wall. He slipped his glasses off his face and began cleaning the lenses with a new soft rag. Once the smears were gone, Don placed the pair of glasses back on and nodded in satisfaction. Next, he walks to the exit, carrying his usual props. His bo, headset, tablet, shoulder camera, goggles, and other knick-knacks no one could name.

Leonardo, Raphael, and Splinter are patiently waiting for Don and Mikey. "Let's get a move on, guys!" Leo called out.

"I'm ready!" Mikey said, jogging up to his brothers and father as he spun one of his nunchucks happily before placing it on his belt.

"Awesome." Leo said, gesturing to his family. "Let's go have a good time."

****

The potluck will be starting soon and three of the Brothers' friends were just beginning to show up through the doors. Casey was wearing a grey dress shirt with jeans and Miss O'Neil was hooked to his arm in a light plaid shirt with black skinny jeans and sneakers with her hair put up in a bun. Right behind them is Vernon Fenwick, walking in wearing a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath and a pair of pants.

"Well," Casey muttered, walking by the security guards at the doors and looking down at April. "Not much of a potluck, huh?"

"The potluck is in the lunchroom. Keep walking." April smiled at him.

While the couple walked together, Vern had his hands stuffed into his pockets with an awkward and tense posture. To this day, he still had feelings for April and knew that he'd never get his chance with her and just recently, he and his girlfriend broke up. It is what it is, though! He's gotta accept the obstacles that life gives him. Vern follows his two friends through the station and finds the potluck where other officers are socializing and serving themselves small plates and punch.

As soon as April, Casey, and Vern arrived in the room, Rebecca, the Chief of Police greeted them. "There you guys are!" She exclaimed, shaking each of their hands. "I'm glad the three of you made it."

"Thanks for inviting us." April says happily. "So, what made you want to do this potluck, Chief?"

The Chief is holding a cup of punch in her hands and she breathed out deeply before answering. "Well, I figured we'd have a little event every once in a while-- to kinda take the stress off of us. So, why not have some dinner and punch?"