XXXV. Silver Garter

Start from the beginning

The ceremony continued, now it is time for the giving of rings.

"Hermione. . I never thought of ending up with you honestly. ." Draco started. "Because you're a muggle and you really are my mortal enemy since our first year in Hogwarts. I hate your guts, I hate your intelligence, I hate you being a hero, I hate everything that was connected to you. I remember the times when my father was mocking me because I can't beat you in classes. I was really annoyed when you always got the highest score." The crowd was already laughing. "Our final year in Hogwarts was one of the most important times of my life just for you and everybody else to know. You changed me. I don't know if you did that only because your attracted to my beautiful face and my delicious body b-"

"Drake!" Hermione screamed but still has a grin on her lips. Another batch of laughter occupied the place.

"Just kidding. Yes, you changed me. You saved me from the things that was eating me up after the war. You accepted me after all the evil things I have done, after all the painful words I've said. You gave me chances and still forgives me even if it's not worth it. Now, I'm standing right here infront of you, wanting you to be my servant- uh I mean wife." Draco continued and the guests were still chuckling. "wanting you to be my wife, wanting you to be with me forever and ever and ever. Now, Hermione Jean Granger - soon to be Malfoy - my mortal enemy, the know-it-all bookworm, the brightest witch of the age, the beaver, my fiancee, wear this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty." Draco ended and wiped a single tear on his left cheek before putting the ring on Hermione's left hand's ring finger beside her engagement ring. It was Hermione's turn.

"Drake, I hate you." Hermione uttered while wiping her wet cheeks. "I hate you for making me cry like this. Just for you to know, I always wanted to be friends with you since then. On our seventh year, I took the opportunity to change you for the better. I was the first one who knew the true you. The caring Draco, the helpful Draco, the humble Draco? Wait, did I just that? Well, erase erase. Maybe some things never change especially your undeniably big ego." said Hermione and occasionally sobs. The crowd was only listening and giggling.

"Thankyou for being there for me everytime I need a friend, a person to lean on. And sorry for the accusations. Sorry if you can't beat me in classes. Girls were just, you know, more intelligent than boys." The girls in the crowd laughed but the boys let out growls.

"Going back, thankyou for all. I told myself that I can live without you but it's not true. I'm willing to give myself to you, to be your wife, to be your servant, to be the mother of our future children. Now, Draco Lucius Malfoy, my mortal enemy, the master of potions, the one who wants to but can't beat me in class, the ferret, my fiance and my one and only love, wear this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty." Hermione finally ended, still crying, and put the ring on Draco's left hand's ring finger. The ceremony continued until it was nearly on its end.

"-I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The minister stated. Draco removed the veil on the front to face her bride.

"Pick from one to five." Draco mumbled out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"Just pick."

"Five."

"Great. One." Draco said and kissed her on the left cheek.

"Two." He kissed her right cheek.

"Three." He kissed her forehead.

"Four." He kissed her nose.

"And five." he uttered before their lips met for three seconds. The crowd gave the newlyweds a round of applause.

Draco carried Hermione and walked on the aisle towards the other side of the garden where the round dining and buffet tables are waiting. Draco and Hermione sat on their special groom and bride's table on the front. Soft music was still heard as the guests took their seats and get some food on the buffet table.