XXX. Not a little too LATE

--

1 month later . . .

Ginny's POV

"Come on hon! Hurry up! Hermione's waiting for us!" I shouted from the ground floor, Harry was dressing up on his room here at the burrow.

"Here I come, hon." He replied back. I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I looked at him from head to toe.

"Hey, aren't you planning to wear your ring?" I retorted, not feeling well. Yes, it's a wedding ring. Today was 31st of October. It has been more than a month since me and Harry married secretly (September 17, 2001). Only family and friends were invited on a little dinner after the wedding. After that, we had our vacation or I must say honeymoon in Hawaii for two weeks.

"I was just about to wear it, your majesty. Are we having moodswings here, aren't we?" Harry said teasingly.

"Whatever." I muttered and rolled my eyes.

"Hey, My dear Gin, are you going now?" My mom walked in, still wearing aprons. I think, I want something sour and also sweet. I looked at Harry playing with the snitch Dumbledore gave him.

"Hey, hon! Stop that! Can you get me ripe mangoes on the kitchen, right now." I requested but in a grumpy manner. I had this certain morning feeling about three days ago and it was unexplainably weird.

"Gin, my dear, come closer." Mom said and I did it. I stood beside her just a feet away.

"Why are you treating your husband like that?" Mom asked, gazing on the direction where Harry went.

"Treating my husband like that? Is there something wrong, mom?" I asked her, curiousness came to me.

"Here's your mangoes, hon. I'll just fetch Victoire from her bedroom." Harry uttered breaking my conversation with mom and gave me ripe sliced mangoes in a plate. He then went upstairs again.

"Tell me, Are you having morning sickness?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom. It's weird, I'm feeling grumpy but only every morning." I answered and shoveled four tiny cubes of mangoes into my mouth.

"Hmm, okay nevermind. I noticed you're loving mangoes. I thought you hate that."

"I don't know too mom. We both know that I don't eat mangoes since I was a kid but I find it tasteful, a bit of sour and sweet." I answered and again put spoonful of mangoes into my mouth. Just when I gulped, a weird and painful sensation was felt on my stomach and chest.

"Wait. Mom. I think I'm v-" Until I ran to the sink and vomitted all I ate the whole morning including the mangoes. I heard my mom ran and stood beside me, rubbing circles on my back. Just after minutes, I recovered and drank up three glasses of water.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Better." I answered, wiping the sweat that was flowing down my face and neck.

"Come with me in the bathroom." Mom uttered and pulled me gently towards the bathroom.

"Lift your shirt up and let me see your tummy." said Mom, while holding her wand.

"But why?"

"Just do what I say." She mumbled, ignoring my question. I lifted the front of my shirt that revealed my tummy. I looked at mom that was muttering something under her breath and suddenly my stomach became shades darker. When that happened, mom instantly covered her mouth, maybe in shock?

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked the woman before me who was still on her state of shock. She gazed at me with her bright brown twinkling eyes.

"My dear . . You-you're going to have a baby."