XXXV. Silver Garter

--

Third Person's POV

Gasps were heard around the garden when the bride has stepped in the line. The noise was replaced with silence when the soft music has started that filled the whole place.

Narcissa and Lucius walked down the aisle first in their best dress and suit followed by Jean and Dan.

Harry, the bestman, took his place after walking in the red carpeted aisle and there comes the groom, Draco Malfoy, who's looking handsome in his gray tux and stood at the front beside his bestman.

The next one is Victoire, smiling brightly having her emerald green gown, throwing green, red and silver rose petals in every direction. Following her was the cute Teddy Lupin with his dark gray hair and black suit with green bow tie. He was the bearer of the wedding ring.

Next in line were the pairs of bridesmaid and groomsmen. The first pair were Blaise and Pansy and the second one were Ron and Lavender. Just after them was the pregnant maid of honor, Ginny making her way towards the aisle and her seat.

And there comes the gorgeous bride in her luxurious cream bridal gown. Her see-through veil covers her beautiful face. She was slightly shaking but it faded away when she locked her eyes on Draco's silver one. A tear fell from her eye as she walked slowly on the aisle, reminiscing the problems they faced and still, they're here, ending up with each other. After a minute of walking that seemed like years, Hermione reached the front.

"Goodafternoon my lady." Draco greeted with a smirk and kissed Hermione's hand. She clinged her arms on him before facing the altar and the minister. The ceremony has started, they were occasionally looking at each other with mixed emotions.

"Draco and Hermione, please join your right hands and express your intentions. ." said the minister to the bride and groom. Hermione and Draco faced each other and entwined their right hands.

"Hermione, do you take Draco, here present, for your lawful husband according to the rite of the ministry?"

"I-I. ." Hermione don't know what to say. Murmurs were heard from the crowd after them.

"Hermione?" Draco screeched, his eyes full of nervousness and fear that anything might happen.

"Draco. . uh. ."

"Hermione. . please. ."

"I'm just joking. Definitely yes, I do." Hermione uttered loudly and grinning. The crowd let out a sigh and others even laughed.

"Do you give yourself to him as his wife?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you accept him as your lawful husband?"

"I do." Hermione finally answered. The minister turned his gaze to Draco.

"Draco, do you take Hermione, here present, for your lawful wife according to the rite of the ministry?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you give y-"

"Yes, I do."

"Draco, let the minister finish!" Hermione exclaimed, smiling and the crowd was also chuckling. Draco only nodded.

"Erm. . Do you accept her as your lawful wife?"

"Yes, I do."

"Now, please say together. ." The minister uttered. Draco and Hermione spoke in unison.

"Grant us . . to be one heart and one soul . . from this day forward . . for better, for worse . . for richer, for poorer . . in sickness and in health . . until death do us part."