CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

-ARES SEIDON >

Surrounding a pool table, stood my friends. Each of us had a pool cue as we played simultaneously talking about the art of women. 

"Who would've thought that our Ares would fall for a woman?" Dante taunts, adjusting his thin-rimmed glasses over his nose. "But then again that same woman was the girl that piqued his interest all those years ago." He adds. 

"The rumor that spread about you both dating back in high school. That was real, wasn't it? You're an asshole for keeping that a secret." Rico comments, leaning forward with his palms on the ball of the pool cue, his chin resting on his knuckles. His blue eyes, were penetrative and curious as they gazed up at me.

"If he was fucking her, he would've told us." Marco counters, patting my shoulder as I lean down, taking another shot. "Right, man?" He pushed. 

Seconds to turn into minutes. 

I do this all the time, and the fact that they stay quiet, looking at me expectantly shows their persistence on this topic. "You're not going to win this game, buddy. We took off work to party with you all week." Rico smirks. "We've got all week to get this out of you," Dante adds, rounding the table for his turn. 

A groan gets stuck in my throat as I send a glance over Rico's shoulder, out of the double glass doors that lead straight to the pool deck. At least 10 women surrounded the area, tops off, and some even completely naked as they chatted amongst themselves. 

Luckily we were on Dante's father's property deep into the seclusion of one of Sicily's best lands, buonfornello near Cefalu city.  

"You can fuck later. Answer the question." Marco gives me a pointed glance. I obviously can't tell them that I'm involved with the mob. I can't tell them she is either. As usual, I have to lie. "First of all, I want none of your toys. Back then the rumor was fake. But since I work for her father, I constantly had to be at his place and around her. So naturally, we got close and then one thing led to another, and 7 years later we're engaged." 

I see Dante's eyes lower to the band around my ring finger. 

Then my phone rings on the rim of the pool table in front of me. On the screen; 

Angelos 

Calling

My expression instantly sours, and I reject the call and flip over the phone. I looked up to find the taunting gazes of my friends. "It's a pain in the ass, isn't it?" Marco hands me a glass of liquor. "Been with Lana for 2 years, and since we moved in together, I'm still getting used to Lana and all her annoying fits and habits. On another note, I'm still pretending this part of my life doesn't exist." He gestures to the women waving at us from the pool deck.

He doesn't get it. None of them will. But I'll have to play along anyway.

"Yeah. Annoying fuckin' tendencies. But you won't be able to hide this forever." I sip on the drink. My phone vibrates a couple more times, but I continue to ignore it. 

"Marco, you dumbass. Even I know that. Not only 'cause of my sisters but because of the number of women, I've been with." Rico stands straight, staring Marco down with faint disappointment.

"I've been married to Aki for 4 years and we're fine. I've stopped messing around. Marco, if you know what's good for you, you will too. Rico, you need to tell your little groupies to put their clothes on." Dante expresses irritation, sipping on his liquor with an annoyed glance outside.

"Yeah, yeah." Rico waves his hand dismissively. "They'll leave soon. I just don't prefer that whole imprisonment thing, so I guess I move in groups now." He laughs, measuring his 2nd shot. Dante then responds, "You just need to grow up. We're not going to be 24 forever. Are you going to hand over your riches to some random? Or a kid you get off some escort?"