CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

-TATUYANNA TORRONO >

"We're going to show those assholes how better off you're living." He said, a mischievous glint in his honey-brown eyes as he held out a hand for me to help me up.

His eyes portrayed warmth. 

It was weird. 

I'm taken aback that Heathe, who is one of the people I've despised, is not ridiculing my emotions. He's left me feeling perplexed, as he appears genuine and empathetic, unfazed by my past. He's understanding me. His self-awareness caught me off-guard and maybe sharing with him was the right decision.

My chest does feel a lot lighter. 

I've never shared that much with anyone. My dad's the only person, who's ever heard me share that much. Without him here, I guess I was bottling everything up. And like a destroyed dam, my emotions have flooded on Heathe. I can't admit it to him, but it feels cathartic. 

Still. 

It's borderline idiotic to assume I would enjoy flaunting money that I never earned. It's all my father's, and I'm aware that my father would be pleased if I made use of his money to spoil myself, but I just can't.

"Well?" His eyebrows raise with question, and I realize that I haven't responded to him.

My eyes meet his, and an incredulous smile makes its way onto my lips. "I told you I used to be poor right? Knowing that what makes you think I would enjoy mimicking the people I despised growing up?" 

His smile didn't falter, nor did his hand lower. "The satisfaction of seeing your enemies feel inferior just as they have done to you in the past." 

My smile drops. "In other words, they'll be getting a taste of their own medicine," I murmured, the sound of this plan not as repulsive as it sounded before. I'll never become like them. It's just going to be a small uno reverse card. 

I nod to myself, reaching up to allow him to help me up. Then I felt the presence of another person before I could see them. 

"Hands off," A deep voice commanded.

My heart jumped up my throat as a familiar face came walking in a navy blue Booralro suit. He stood with an air of ease, his hands nonchalantly tucked into his pockets, as he cast a warning look towards Heathe. Even though I saw him two and a half days ago, he seems so different. He looks more like a businessman every time I see him.

I grit my teeth, snapping my heterochromatic eyes towards Heathe. "You called him?" 

He held his hands up in surrender, with a nervous chuckle. "There was a chance you were going to kill me so I called him just in case things went downhill." He reasoned. 

My eyebrow ticked in annoyance. "You're a Pussy. I'm not explosive, you didn't have to take extra measures to feel safe around me." I push myself off the grass, dusting off any dirt from my slacks. Heathe places a hand on his waist. "Okay I am not a pussy, I'm simply strategic." 

I half roll my eyes. "Why did you even agree to come here?" I threw the question at Ares, who looked at me, and suddenly blew a whistle.

Just then, two black shadows ran at me at top speed, tackling me back onto the grass. "What—" My hands instinctively reached for my pocket knives, until I registered the source of the tongues that were attacking my face.