Chap. 73 - The New Shoots.

When Icarus entrusted Numa with the task of training new recruits in the art of war, she did not think it would be so chaotic.

Bly was a great officer, but dealing with young people is very different from dealing with professional soldiers or programmed droids. The clone was incapable of making the young people listen to him, much less do what he wanted. Being a teacher or instructor is a gift, a gift that Bly seemed to not have in the slightest.

Bly: - No no no, Stella. You must raise your elbow higher. Martin, grab the handle of the gun higher... But not too high. Tub! The gun in front! That's not a toy miss... -
Numa hadn't even made it to the training room and she could already hear the clone's screams in the distance. The cadets were mostly adults who voluntarily enlisted in the ranks of the resistance, or the occasional teenager who was interested in learning. Stella and Toba included. Although the latter, in the opinion of many, was too young to learn how to use weapons, but in a galaxy at war, some moral concepts are shattered after the first blaster is fired.

Numa stopped behind the line, watching as Bly did everything possible so that those who were practicing shooting with their weapons in stun mode would hit the target that was about forty meters from his positions. Some were able to hit their targets, others were even able to hit right in the center, but most missed considerably.

Bly took deep breaths to remain patient. He was a commander, not an instructor, and he was used to things going as smoothly as possible according to plans. But dealing with recruits was much more complex than the rookie clones that usually came to his battalion. Luckily, a voice came to help him.

Numa: - Having problems, commander? -

Bly: - Lieutenant Numa. How good to see it. Actually, yes. I'm having some trouble. - The two separated from the rest to talk more calmly.

Numa: - They are not clones, commander. He must start with the basics before ordering them to fire at a target. -

Bly: - I do what I can. I have never coached cadets. And it's been years since he was trained. What I already know is more something in my subconscious that I don't know how to explain to you. -

Numa: - Well... The commander ordered me to come and give him a hand. -

Bly: - Go ahead. I'm still not making much progress so far. -

Numa: - Good. Let's start with some motivation. -

While Bly didn't first understand what "motivation" Numa had in mind, he soon understood when the Twi'lek asked Numa to come to the front. Using the youngest of the group to demonstrate how easy the shooting test would be might not be a very good idea, but if he succeeded at least it would have a fairly positive result. Or at least that was what Numa hoped.

Despite her young age, the young Nelvaan woman did not hesitate to take the E-5 rifle as soon as she had it within reach, but even greater was Numa's surprise when she saw how Toba reloaded the weapon and configured it for single-shot mode. , one of the two that had that model of rifle.

What Toba didn't tell anyone was that she ordered the drodie to teach her how to use weapons. After all, she had the rank of commander before the mechanical units, and any request from her the droids would fulfill without rebuttal. Privilege that Icarus did not remember him possessing.

Still, using the weapon correctly is another story. The B1 droids and commando droids fired their blasters from waist height, something they did using assisted firing programming. One that in the B1 was so cheap that it caused a great dispersion when taking a shot. Not like the organic eye, which when aligning a target with its objective had a greater probability of hitting the target. Commando droids had optimized aim assist, but not without errors.