Chap. 66 - In the Wolf's Mouth

The tension was at very dangerous limits to think about. Mirana led the group, showing supernatural confidence, but inside she was completely terrified. Behind them walked patiently Numa and Lubo, both covered with a dirty and somewhat torn hood, giving a sign that they were slaves being led away to be sold. And behind the rest, Boil with his bounty hunter façade, who was the most tense of all.

Making contact with a slaver in Abafar was not really difficult, as the sale of slaves was more common than food markets. Boil walked through those streets full of so much evil with regret. Something Mirana had already become accustomed to from a very young age.

Boil was always a good soldier. Faithful to his ideals, to the Republic at the time, and to his former general Kenobi and the Jedi order, but there was always something that bothered him.

At the time of the Clone Wars, I heard stories of how the Jedi infiltrated worlds as corrupt as Abafar, but not to save their inhabitants, but to carry out a specific mission. For a long time it seemed somewhat hypocritical to him that peace advocates did not save those most in need when they had the opportunity and he judged them for it. But now that he was in that situation he had a very different point of view.

Hundreds of innocent people lay there, and a feeling of guilt and helplessness ran through every cell of their body. He felt an impulse rooted in his being, an impulse that compelled him to take up his weapon, end the life of every slave trader present and free the defenseless. Something that was instilled in him during his training on Kamino.

Although the end of his creation had a meaning as macabre as Order 66, its values ​​still tortured him inside. Even when he had to witness the harsh reality of seeing children chained up and ready to be sold to the first ruffian who showed up with the right cash. Children treated like animals under the shadow of an Empire that promised peace and prosperity to the galaxy. "So much blasphemy."

Even so, he felt that iota of hypocrisy that he judged so much in the actions of his general and his order. Now he stood up as a defender of peace and justice, but he couldn't do anything about it. He had a mission, and it was much more important than rescuing the innocents that plagued his surroundings. He had to be strong. Harden your heart and walk with your eyes forward. He knew that if any of those child prisoners looked him directly in the eyes they wouldn't be able to control themselves. No matter how much his soul screamed for the opposite. Not even walking through the arid sands of Geonosis had been so hard.

For better or worse, the path Mirana led them along reached an area devoid of chained slaves, an area that obviously belonged to wealthier beings. An area that smelled different. A smell of perfume and human misery. A smell that aroused the resentment of those who once tasted slavery.

Mirana: - We are close. Don't separate. - His hoarse and sharp voice gave the impression that he did not feel comfortable in that place.

Numa and Lubo just nodded silently. They were both quite scared, even knowing that the commando droids were watching them from the rooftops. Boil, on the other hand, managed to snap out of his self-critical thoughts and was able to refocus on the mission. It was no time to judge himself in moral conflicts. I had to pay attention. There will be time to judge himself when they return home.

Before them stood a mansion too ostentatious for everyone's taste. Even Mirana thought it was too much opulence. And she had seen unthinkable things. So much so that he even hesitated to approach the Trandoshan who was waiting for them at the door of the place.

 So much so that he even hesitated to approach the Trandoshan who was waiting for them at the door of the place