Chapter 5: Martian And The Gith

3rd Person POV

Back in Mount Justice, M'gann has been brought back from the hospital along with the alien humanoid, both remain unconscious.

Dick was looking over the CCTV footage from the alley in an attempt to uncover the suspect behind the Martian's current state while Zatanna, Artemis, Connor and Wally sat at M'gann's bedside, a bandage covering her right eye. Meanwhile, Aqualad is currently with the green humanoid who, despite being unconscious, was mumbling in the strange language again.

The Justice League had been informed of the nautiloid crash site and decided to investigate further. Batman, Red Tornado, and Black Canary were on their way to discuss the current state of M'gann and the survivor of the wreckage.

Artemis was leaning against the wall, arms crossed and disappointed in herself that she let the culprit get away, Wally was too fidgety and walked around the room quickly, Zatanna and Connor sat at her bedside, Connor gently holding M'gann's hand.

Connor: "I'm sorry, M'gann, I should've stayed outside instead."

Zatanna: "Don't start thinking like that, Connor, we managed to save a life because of you, M'gann would've wanted you to enter instead of her."

Artemis:: "If you want someone to blame, then I'm right here, I couldn't find any trace of the guy! It's as if he vanished into thin air on the spot."

Wally: "Guys, guys, guys! No one's to blame here for M'gann's injury, other than... well, the guy or girl, so let's not start beating each other up about it and try to catch the one who did this!"

Everyone just turned to Wally, surprised.

Wally: "What? Why do you all look like you've seen a ghost?"

Zatanna: "Never expected you to say something so... mature, Wally."

Wally: "What's that supposed to mean?! I can be serious when needed!"

Artemis: "You being serious? It's not happening anytime soon, Zee just said that you said something mature."

Wally: "I heard that part, I'm just -"

Artemis: "She called you immature."

Wally: "Hey!"

Everyone chuckled at the shtick Wally was given, while the butt of the joke was groaning, even M'gann was chuckling...

Everyone immediately turned to the Martian on the bed and saw her one eye open and a smile on her face.

M'gann: "It's a compliment, Wally. You keep things light-hearted."

Connor: "M'gann!"

He immediately hugged the Martian tightly who reciprocated the action.

Zatanna: "You had us all worried, and here you are laughing it up, Shame on you!"

Zatanna chuckled before joining the hug.Wally immediately jumped in, and Artemis decided to join as well, all grateful that their friend was OK...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, back with Kaldur and the alien who was yet to awaken, despite mumbling in his sleep with less of the unknown language and more english.

Kaldur decided to try and wake the alien as he reached out to shake the alien awake, it spoke.

Alien: "Touch me and lose the hand, kainyank."

The alien opened his eyes and sat up from his bed, his slit pupils constricting in aggravation.

Kaldur: "Oh, I apologise for invasion of privacy. Welcome to Earth, Sir alien, I thought you couldn't speak when we found you on the ship?"

Alien: "I could speak from the beginning, I was too weak to do so, however. Now, where in the hells am I?!"