Chapter 3: Possible Survivor

3rd Person POV

Aqualad, Robin, Superboy, and Zatanna entered the crashed nautiloid. The scent of ash was still heavy... along with burned flesh.

Zatanna: "yeesh, it reeks! Almost as bad as when you tried to help Miss Martian cook, superboy."

Superboy: "Hey, I followed the instructions! It's not my fault it said to add 1 half of garlic."

Robin: "First of all, it's a recipe. Secondly, it wasn't 1 half. It was a SINGULAR half! Maybe we should enrol you in some cooking classes."

Zatanna: Ha! only one who can fix our dear Superboy's cooking is the one who invented the whole concept!

Superboy: "it's been 3 weeks! why do you still-!"

Aqualad: "People, please, we can discuss Superboy's poor chef skills when we're back home and not in an alien wreckage. Superboy, help me lift this thing."

Superboy went over to Aqualad grumbling about how he wasn't that bad a chef and it's all the instructions fault, he effortlessly lifted a piece of shrapnel blocking the entrance to a room full of pods, with a broken glass...desk? In the centre.

The group split and looked at each pod. All were broken open and heavily burned, except for one, which was still closed, but its glass screen was misty.

Superboy: "Reminds me of the pods back at Cadmus..."

Zatanna: "You're not going back there anytime soon, don't worry."

Robin: "It's true though, these pods are the perfect fit for a person to be in, maybe too tight but can still fit."

Aqualad: "The question is, though, were they housing people who've unfortunately passed?-"

Aqualad walked over to the unopened pod and out fell a bald, green and thin humanoid with long, sharp ears and a batsnout, scars covering his whole body, Aqualad successfully caught him before he hit the metal floor.

Robin: "or those who were being experimented on?..."

The green humanoid began to groan in pain.

Superboy: "It seems like the latter."

Aqualad: "Zatanna?"

Zatanna: "laeh sih sdnuow!"

The injuries of the humanoid slowly began to close, bringing a small amount of relief to the creature, but it wasn't enough as he continued to groan and slowly collapse.

Aqualad tried to get him to remain standing, but it proved too difficult, and he slowly let him lay down.

Robin: "Sir... Sir, can you hear us?"

The long eared creature seemed to mutter some unknown language, constantly referring to someone called "Gith."

Aqualad: "Zatanna, do you understand anything he's saying?"

Zatanna: "Don't look at me. If you think I can roughly speak gibberish, then he's fluent in it."

Robin: "If you're trying to speak to us, we don't understand you."

Superboy: "And what makes you think he'll understand us?"

Robin: "Sheer luck?"

Suddenly, the creature stopped mumbling and started to speak in a broken manner.

Unknown humanoid: "...Ghaik?..."

Robin: "Ghaik?"

Aqualad: "None of us here are called Ghaik. Do you have any other injuries that need attending?"