Chapter 6: Identity and Purpose

3rd person POV:

The laughter of a man and a woman echoed throughout the dark and empty dockside of Happy Harbour. Quips, jokes, and playful flirts were a heavy topic.

Until the young couple stopped in their tracks, the humour and teasing from their conversation replaced with eerie silence as they changed their direction into an empty warehouse.

The giant door opened itself, welcoming the two, the moonlight shining through the broken skylights. The entrance slammed itself shut, yet the couple remained entranced.

Out of the shadows came the purple alien, the mind flayer that now called itself Y/N.

Y/N levitated towards the man and laid a hand on his shoulder, who stayed apathetic, as the tentacles on Y/N's mouth wrapped around the humans head.

A loud crunch bounced off the empty walls of the warehouse and blood bursted from the victim's head and onto the illithid's head, the mind flayer then removed his hand and watched the now headless corpse collapse onto the ground.

Suddenly, the woman snapped out of her stupor and witnessed this horror, but as she opened her mouth to scream... nothing came out.

Y/N had an armed raised as if he threw something into the air, yet nothing was in his hands when he approached. The woman immediately ran to the giant metal door and banged on it to get someone's attention... but no noise was made.

She tried to even scream for hemp but no words left her mouth, her thoughts ran at 100mph but she continued to try and create some sort of noise, whether it be a shout or the banging against the steel door.

Suddenly, she felt the cold hand lay upon her shoulder and froze in terror, the scent of garlic and onions invading her nostrils as she watched two tentacles appear from her sides and wrap around her face...

Y/N released his grip on the terrified female and watched her headless corpse fall to the ground... creating no sound upon impact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV:

Delicious... brains and dread make an excellent combination. Her memories were odd ones but still imformative regarding this planet.

My power must have been incredibly weak for her to have broken out of the hypnosis, however. Even after feasting on five humans, I still don't feel fulfilled.

Speaking of, I should find a use for these bodies before they decompose. Maybe they'll serve as better in undeath than they did in life.

I search my memories for any sort of reanimation spell if I even learned of one. I scour through each memory I have yet can't seem to find it.

Strange... I thought I would know such a spell, maybe not all of my old life has returned? Must I consume more cerebral matter to uncover older memories and other spells I've forgotten?

I will think upon this in the future, but as of now, there are multiple decaying headless bodies in the warehouse, and it'll definitely bring questions when they're found, let alone be missing.

Perhaps I'll tie some heavy objects to their legs and dump them in the ocean? Seems like the only solution as of now.

Using my telekinesis, I lift up each corpse and pull aside some concrete blocks and rope, tying the rope to the concrete blocks and to one leg each.

The steel door opens by itself, and I see that no one is within the area... Good, I levitate myself and the bodies to the edge of the docks and simply throw them in.

Each body hit the water with a loud splash before finally sinking to the bottom, never to be seen again.

I quickly fly back into the warehouse, and the slams shut. While this place was easy to find and spacious enough to use, it is too close to the lesser creatures, and my chances of getting caught are significantly high.

The place will have to serve temporarily until I can find a better place, preferably underground. The Underdark would be very useful as of now.

I float towards a table and light I set up in the centre of the building, laying upon it was a map I drew from one of the memories of my livestock

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The area itself is quite large, but a small town such as this is not ideal for any sort of feeding, let alone long-term survival.

Although, ever since crashing into this new world and being freed of the Elder Brain... I'm not sure of what to do.

Other than to feed and hide, I don't have a purpose anymore... have I become so contempt with being in servitude to the Elder Brain that I let go of my former ambitions and goals?

I turned that girl into a thrall, but for what? Has the nature of the illithid's become my own? Have I forgotten my original identity in favour of this, carrying the memories of a life I no longer care for?

I drop to the ground and stumble around before collapsing on all fours. The feeling of my mind being split is heavy.

Or is it my mind and not the tadpole? Maybe it's the tadpole that's free and not me?

The tadpole remains silent, however, leaving me to battle with this... 'identity crisis', I sit up on my knees and look upon my purple clawed hands.

Who am I really?

I proclaimed to be Y/N, but I no nothing of my values, or rather, Y/N's values. I celebrated too early on having my memories returned. They were nothing but fragmented and scattered.

But if I really am Y/N, then why do I carry his memories and not his ideals as well? Could I have instead eaten Y/N and not originally be him?

A droplet of water falls from above and splashes on a puddle directly in front of me. How I failed to see such a puddle is beyond me.

I lean in towards the puddle, staring directly into it, witnessing my reflection... What I see...

A Mind Flayer, a brain eater, a destroyer of families, a monstrosity of ambition and malevolence, a creature far superior to all other life, a Mind Flayer far stronger than any other Illithid

I stare into my deep yellow eyes and flash to a brief E/C before turning... purple. At that moment, my identity became clear to me.

As much as I refused to believe it, as much as I tried to bargain that I am still Y/N... there is nothing similar to him than what carries his memories and name.

I am a Mind Flayer, a devour of cerebrums, slaver of the inferior, a user of the psionic nature of an illithid and arcane power of a mage.

I am Y/N the Illithid, a Mind Flayer now free from the Elder Brain to do what he wishes, but he would be a fool to not learn from those who achieved what they wanted yet perished.

A new Illithid empire will be born...

... And Y/N will rule it.

In My Name! (Young Justice x Male Mind Flayer Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें