~14~

The aftermath of the U.S.J attack was long, and irritating to say the least. He got interviewed several times. The day after that, there wasn't school. However when school did start back up, everyone was chattering about the incident. Every was talking about the teachers and how amazing they were. Killua noticed strangely enough how nobody said a word about him or his part in the incident, but he wasn't exactly disappointed. "EVERYONE STOP TALKING AND TAKE YOUR SEATS, HOMEROOM IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!" Iida suddenly shouted, he was taking his position as class rep way too seriously.

However ironically, he was the only one not seated. Iida sulked as he sat down, causing killua to chuckle softly. Mina leaned back on her chair, causing Tsu to put her hands up to catch her. "Soooo who do you think is gonna teach class today?" He asked, glancing backwards at Tsu. Killua wondered that as well the likelihood of Aizawa coming back to class to teach so soon was extremely low. As if on cue, the door swung open revealing Aizawa with bandages wrapped all over him. "Morning class." He said, tiredly.

Killua observed his movements. Recovery girl must've healed him up a great deal, but he's still in pretty bad shape. Damn, I'm surprised he even came to class. Aizawa limped over to the podium, sighing. "My wellbeing doesn't matter. Whats more important, is that your fight isnt over yet." The class chattered nervously at Aizawa's words. Aizawa looked up. "The U.A sports festival is about to start." Kirishima slammed his hands down on the table. "YES! LET'S GONNA KICK SOME ASS-" Kaminari pushed him aside. "Wait a second, is this a good idea?" Jiro added to that as well. "Yeah, I mean we just got attacked by villains right?"

Killua sat back and listened curiously to the discussion. What even is the sports festival? Killua stayed silent for a few more minutes before deciding to ask. "What even is the sports festival? Never heard of it." Midoriya turned around to stare at him in shock. "Really? But-" Aizawa spoke over him. "Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past everyone obsessed over the Olympic games but then quirks started appearing. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The U.A sports festival." Killua let out a whistle. So this is a pretty big deal, alright then.

"He's right" Momo said from behind him, causing him to look over his shoulder at her. "And top heroes everywhere will be watching, this is where you get scouted." She said, with a determined expression on her face. "it's true that joining a famous pro hero agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event can open a path for you. Once chance a year, three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. Which means you better not slack off in your training.

"Yes sir!"

Class was then dismissed, so Killua popped some chocolate into his mouth and got to his feet. Everyone was talking about the festival with high spirits. "EVERYONE, IM GONNA DO MY BEST!" Killua blinked and glanced over at Uraraka, he'd never heard her speak so loud before. Everyone hyped her up. Then she turned to the other half of the class. "I SAID IM GONNA DO MY BEST!" She shouted. This time she still got support, just less enthusiastically. Mina caught his eye and walked over to him. "Are you excited for the festival? Man I can't believe you've never heard of it before!"

Killua rested his hands behind his head as he walked with her. "Sounds fun, I already know which agency I'm going for though, if I decide to." Mina glanced at him with surprised. "woah really?" Killua nodded. "Hawk's agency." Mina thought for a moment. "I can see that." Killua tilted his head slightly. "hm?" Mina snickered. "You both give off a similar vibe you know? Like super cool and laid back. Although I'm not sure if you'll get to intern with him." Killua's eyebrows raised. "Internships?" Mina nodded. "those are or second and third years, but for the sports festival you get scouted for internships. Since Hawks is such a popular pro you might not get an offer from him you know?"

Killua scoffed. "I have his phone number, he better damn send me an offer." Mina's jaw dropped. "HUH!?" Killua smirked. "oh yeah, we hang out sometimes. I've even gone on patrol with him once. Got in trouble for that though." He said, with a roll of his eyes. He pulled out his phone with a mischievous grin. "I mean I could call him up to prove it, he might be busy though." Mina looked dumbfounded. "No way- wait- wait really? You seriously have his number? That's so cool!" Killua pulled up the wing hero's contact on his phone and tried to call him, genuinely curious If he'd pick up.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?"

Killua grinned. "I am, but it's my lunch break. Wanted to know if you wanted to hang later." Mina stared at him with shining eyes. "I got time to kill at 8 tonight. Shouldn't you be training for the sports festival though?" Killua sighed. "I mean kinda, but I can miss one night." Hawks laughed from the other end. "Nice try." Killua rolled his eyes. "Alright fine." He grumbled. "I'm working, so I have to go now anyways kid." Then Hawks hung up. "Damn, usually Hawks is down for stuff like that." He said, a bit disappointed. He enjoyed hanging out with the pro hero.

"How did you even get his number? Like are you guys friends?" Mina questioned. Killua shrugged. "Dunno if friend is the right word, but we hang sometimes and ive gone on patrol with him before. Met him during one of his patrols too actually." Killua quickly googled the incident on his phone, then showed it to Mina. All the attention was on Hawks, but in the background Killua was clearly visible. "Here." Mina watched. "Woah." She said, awestruck. Killua started filling his tray with sweeter options as usual. "Anyways, is there an agency you want to go with?" Mina sighed. "Not really, we don't have to worry about that yet though because we're only first years." Killua hummed. "Right. Can't wait for the sports festival thought." Mina grinned. "Yeah! We're gonna crush it!"

1208 words

To be continued...