~2~

Japan was certainly interesting. Killua had to admit he was somewhat intrigued by all the differences, he'd been debriefed a few hours earlier about his mission and his new surroundings as well. However, Killua had no intention of doing what the hunter association wanted him to do. He was there for another reason. Hm, I have to choose a 'quirk' don't I. He'd since found out that the word 'quirk' referred to an ability, not a peculiarity. Killua had several abilities he could claim as a quirk. Hm...

A catlike grin stretched across his face when he thought of the perfect idea. Oh this'll be fun. He placed his hands behind his head as he strolled through the city, nimbly avoiding the bustling crowd as he walked without altering his laid back aura. His eyes scanned the stores and other such buildings along the street he walked along, mapping the area in his head and taking note of anything important he'd need to remember. Killua had no idea how he was going to go about becoming a hero, nor what the process even was. But he had a way of gathering information, after all he had an assassin's skillset under his belt.

Is there an age requirement? He wondered, a frown creasing his lips. If that was the case, then he might not be able to accomplish his goal for several years. I'm only sixteen, you probably have to be a adult to become a hero. Maybe there's training courses or something? As he kept walking, deep in thought, something caught his eye. It was a building, but not just any building. Across it had the words 'kyatto adapushon kafe' Killua immediately abandoned his previous quest and entered the café.

As soon as he walked inside the establishment the smell of wonderful baked goods hit his nose and he drooled a little. Killua's sweet tooth would never change, and he was fine with that. There were several cats running around as well, rubbing against the legs of the customers and sitting on tables. A woman with fair skin and blonde hair met him at the door. "hello there! Welcome to kyatto adapushon kafe, how may I help you today sir?" Killua let out a soft hum. "well, I came here to eat. Preferably something chocolate." He said, not expecting to be met at the door. He was pretty sure he'd be able to afford anything he wanted, as he'd been given a large sum of money in Japan's currency before his departure.

The woman smiled and bowed. "Right this way sir! I'll get you seated at a table." Killua followed the woman as she walked up a flight of stairs, humming softly. "so, what's with the cats?" They were everywhere, as were cat toys and various cat themed décor. The woman started setting his table as she replied, beckoning for Killua to take a seat. "Well our establishment also doubles as an adoption center, every single one of these adorable kitties are strays and if you fall in love with one you can adopt it! And half of the funds are donated for cat food and toys for them!"

Killua nodded, glancing at the menu. He wasn't particularly interested in adopting a cat but it was an interesting concept. I can't wait to eat something sweet. "Hmm..." Killua couldn't decide, everything looked so good. I have money to blow. He thought, with a catlike grin. "I'll take one of everything that has chocolate in it." The woman looked startled. "h-huh?" Killua looked up at her with a deadpan expression. "Hm? Oh, except the drinks. I don't need any of those." Once the server realized that he was being completely serious she smiled awkwardly. "y-yeah. Uh...sure. You must really like cats then?" Killua blinked. "hm? Not particularly."

Killua didn't really like animals, save for Mike. Especially fish. And animals didn't seem to like him back much either, that had always put doubts in his mind about whether he was a good hunter or not because of the old saying 'good hunters are well liked by animals'. That didn't really seem to happen to him, in fact he tended to scare them away more often than he'd gotten them to like them. To them, he was a predator. Which was why he wasn't surprised when not a single one of the felines approached him.

He leaned back against his chair, deciding to relax a bit. "I have the money for it, don't worry." The woman looked extremely awkward as she walked away. Did I do something wrong? He thought, before shrugging it off and letting his eyes wander the room. Blue seemed to be a common theme, everything in the room was blue save for a few white pieces here and there. It was very aesthetically pleasing. As his eyes wandered he noticed a particular feline sitting on a lonely cushion in the corner of the room. It caught his eye due to the fact that it seemed to be the only cat that was unattended. One of its tears twitched and it slowly looked over its shoulder at him.

He stared curiously at the feline for a few moments before another woman walked up to him

He stared curiously at the feline for a few moments before another woman walked up to him. "Hey there! Can't help but notice you've taken interest in one of our beloved felines." She said, obviously rehearsing lines she was paid to say. Killua didn't really listen, he was too focused on the servers coming out hoping it was his food. Man, its taking so long. But maybe it's my fault for ordering so much. "He's the oldest cat here, lived here for ten whole years." he heard the woman say. "Eh? Why?" He asked, out of sheer curiosity.

The woman hesitated. "well...he has these markings on his back that vaguely resemble the kanji for 'death' and most people think that's a bad omen." She explained. Killua's eyes were curiously drawn to the cat, who was staring at him with deep cerulean eyes. Well that's stupid. He thought, as he looked at the cat. Just because the cat was born with some weird markings, nobody wants it? He was torn out of his thoughts as the woman who'd taken his order walked over with a mountain of sweet smelling desserts, struggling to carry them all. "h-here! Just as you requested sir."

The other employee who'd been talking to him looked alarmed and slightly concerned, helping the server with the load. Killua's eyes sparkled as he looked down at the sea of chocolatey goodness splayed in front of him on the table. He had a hard time choosing but went for the chocolate cake first. He spent a few minutes in a comfortable silence as he ate. "Mrr...." Killua blinked and lowered his eyes to see the old calico cat was standing right beneath his table, staring at him. Killua frowned. "what do you want?" The cat nimbly jumped up onto his chair, paws landing on the small fraction of the chair that he wasn't sitting on. It perched there, sniffing his head.

Killua bit his lip and let out a soft sigh. "why do you even like me?" He mumbled. The cat leapt down onto his lap and flopped down, curling up comfortably like it was always meant to be there. Killua stared down at the comfortable feline in defeat.. I guess I own a cat now. Although I suppose...having a companion won't be so bad, we both seem to be lonely.

1270 words

Killua now owns a cat, why? because yes. :3