~19~

There was an hour lunch break, and Killua went around the food stalls. His eyes shined when they landed on one that had funnel cake. Killua strolled over, then dropped the correct amount of cash on the counter plus a little more. "Hey, could you add some chocolate on that? I'll pay a bit extra." He asked, licking his lips. The teenager running the stall gasped, eyes shining. "You're one of the hero course students! You don't have to pay, you need your energy for the sports festival!" Killua blinked, a bit surprised. He watched as she quickly cooked a large funnel cake. "You said chocolate right?" She asked, picking up a small plastic bag.

Killua nodded, then his eyes sparkled as she proceeded to sprinkle a generous amount of chocolate flakes on the funnel cake evenly as well as some powdered sugar on top. She served it to him with a wide smile. "Here!" Killua took the funnel cake from her, the heat was melting the chocolate already. I've never actually had funnel cake before, but its cake right? He grabbed a fork and went to go take a seat. Killua stabbed his fork into the funnel cake and brought it to his mouth. Killua's eyes shined and he took another bite, and another. The funnel cake melted on his tongue. I think this is better than regular cake, man I should get this more often. He thought.

He tossed the empty paper tray in the trash can after he was finished, licking some chocolate off of his lips. I wonder what else is here. He started wandering around randomly, as he was exploring he overheard part of a conversation. Killua had nothing better to do, so he activated Zetsu and leaned against the wall. "You should be thrilled! After all your son's doing well out there just using half his power, you must be a great teacher." He heard Allmight's voice say. He's talking about Todoroki. Killua realized. So whoever he's talking to must be Endeavor. Killua had a limited knowledge on different heroes as he hadn't cared to research them, however he did know the top five. Endeavor was second.

"Are you implying something?" Killua frowned slightly, something about the way Endeavor spoke just seemed...wrong. It made his skin crawl. I can't place this feeling... "No!" Allmight replied, cheerfully. "I want to know your secrets, how do we train the next generation of heroes?" Endeavor sighed. "Do you really think I'd tell you anything I taught the boy? Your all flash and no brains as usual." Killua heard footsteps, and a soft grunt from Allmight. He saw Endeavor turn the corner on the stairs, and start walking down. Killua was leaning against the railing so it was a miracle the hero hadn't seen him. Allmight however stiffened slightly when he saw Killua. "Let me assure you of one thing Allmight." Endeavor said, glancing over his shoulder at the number one hero. "Whatever it takes, that kid of mine will beat you someday. I'll make sure of that."

That's why I made him."

Killua froze, he suddenly realized what felt so wrong about this situation, why hearing Endeavor's voice made his skin crawl. "He's in a rebellious phase right now, but he will take your place. I'll make sure of it." He reminds me of my father... Suddenly Endeavor's head snapped around and landed on Killua, he'd accidently let some of his bloodlust slip out. "What the hell...did you just say?" Killua asked, in a low tone. Allmight cleared his throat. "Young Killua this is an adult conversation-" Endeavor's eyes narrowed. "Watch your tone with me, boy." Killua looked him dead in the eyes. "You're absolutely disgusting." He spat, anger boiling in his veins. The last place he'd expected to see this kind of behavior was from a hero.

Endeavor's flames thickened, and the tension did as well. "I'd suggest you hold your tongue." He said, in a low threatening tone, taking a step forward." Killua didn't flinch or give ground. "People like you don't deserve to be heroes-" Endeavor reached out to place a hand on his shoulder, but he slapped the bastard's hand away. "This is none of your business, boy." Killua's eyes narrowed and he felt his bloodlust slip again. "Todoroki's life isn't your fucking business." He shot right back at him. "it's his life, not yours." Killua turned his back, trying to reign in his anger. Oh what I wouldn't give to punch that crooked scowl off his face. "You do know I could have you expelled for the sheer utter disrespect you're putting on display right now?" Endeavor threatened.

Killua scoffed. "Go ahead and try, asshole. If you want respect, you fucking earn it." He spat, flipping him off and just walking away. Killua didn't care about the consequences, he was too pissed off. That exchange made him see Todoroki in a completely different perspective. That scar on his face, I never wondered where he got that from until now. Killua's thoughts were interrupted by a hand on his shoulder. "You alright...?" Killua turned his head to see Tsu worriedly looking up at him. "You seem pretty stressed." Killua sighed. "Do you know where Todoroki is?" Tsu nodded. "I saw him go to the bathrooms with Midoriya, Kero."

Killua made his way over to the bathrooms, Bakugou was hanging around there too strangely enough but he ignored it. He peeked his head into the hallway, as he did he heard Todoroki speak. "It's so annoying, I refuse to be a tool for that old scumbag-" Killua couldn't help but replying to that. "Then don't." Both Midoriya and Todorki both snapped their heads around to look at him. "K-Killua-" Killua walked into the hallway. "Yeah I just met your dad and I may or may not have pissed him off, and he threatened to expel me but it was so worth it."

Todoroki's eyes widened. "What?" Killua shrugged, placing his hands behind his head. "Oh not much, just called him a disgusting bastard, which I mean he is. Then I sort of flipped him off and walked away." He said casually, tilting his head back slightly. He knew this was probably a bad idea, but he had to do something here. He didn't particularly like Todoroki, but he refused to let someone else fall into the same trap he had. "Honestly, your situation is relatable as hell so I kind of lost my temper, oh well." Todoroki's face had an unreadable expression on it for a moment. "What...do you mean by that?"

Killua hesitated. Might've said too much. "it's not important, what is important is that you stand your ground. You're your own person with free will, he has no right to tell you how to live your life or what to do with it." He grinned. "The best revenge is success you know?" I can't wait to show my parents my hero license, mother will probably bawl her eyes out. Todoroki was silent for a moment. Midoriya just stood there awkwardly as well. After a few moments, Todoroki spoke. "I'm going to win this whole thing, and without his damned fire quirk.." Killua rested his hands behind his head. "That's the spirit, I might not let you win but I'm rooting for you to get second place." He said, with a competitive grin. Todoroki met his eyes, and he could've sworn he saw a small spark there. "Maybe my declaration of war was to the wrong person then, I'll be seeing you in the finals."

1244 words

To be continued...

teaser art for the next chapter!