Break

Rashaad
Belmont, Oakland
                               -excuse any mistakes.
Thicker Than Water by MC Eiht blasted through out Christina's room as I smoked my blunt.

I stared at the ceiling continuously dragging thinking heavy about everything that happened this past week.

Christina walked out her bathroom connected to her room dropping her towel exposing her naked body causing me to take a glimpse.

I watched her change into her lounging clothes and crawl over to me laying her head on my chest.

I grabbed and held her close to me watching her ceiling fan go around in circles. "Let me." She said reaching for my blunt.

I handed it to her after hitting it once more.

"Mm." She moaned out passing it back.

She started uncontrollably coughing causing me to laugh.

"You good?" I asked patting her back.

"Yea." She said twisting her hair extensions sitting up.

"Soooo. How was school?" She asked with a indescribable look on her face.

I scrunched my eyebrows before asking "Why you always asking me about school?"

I knew exactly why she was asking me about school. Divine. Not only Divine, but every other female I was involved with. We ignore the elephant in the room majority of the time: Bitches. I would like to keep it that way, considering the fact I'm in a relationship with her. Truth be told, I just aint shit.

"I mean....What time you leave today?" She asked changing the subject.

I looked at her with a confused look on my face before answering back "Mmhmm." shrugging my shoulders. It's Christmas break, shit I thought I'd just stay. "It's whatever though." I said as I sat up on her bed.

"Okay. I was just asking because.. because I wanted you here for as long as possible!" She said as her face lit up.

"Okay?" I said looking over smoking the rest of my blunt. "I'll just stay then." I added.

She been acting strange lately.. maybe I'm just trippin'.

Divine

Stepping up the last step before I met my apartment door, I grabbed my key and unlocked my door. 

Walking in, I sighed and fell out on my couch. My mental state is not good right now. I feel like the entire school saw my panic attack. Even if they didn't it sure as hell feel like they did. Word gets around quickly at Crenshaw High, lies and all. 

I sat staring at the ceiling as silence took over, the only thing I heard was the people outside having loud conversation and the sound of dice hitting the concrete and snapping of fingers. 

Which I was use to, so to me it is silence. As peaceful as it's going to get. 

I took my ponytail out and roughed my hair up thinking of the three gunshots that rang that day of my panic attack. My mind's still fucked up about the whole thing, luckily, it should blow over since I won't step foot on Crenshaw High grounds until 2003. We are officially on Christmas and New Year break.