Chapter 3 - First Night

HEAVILY EDITED
TW : Violence / Choking, depiction of a panic attack, phone guy rambling, cursing, etc

—————————————————————————

I arrived at the complex, leaving my wallet in the glove box and parking my car before locking it up. I pocketed the keys and started to make my way to the entrance of the building.

Finding the correct key, I put it in the key hole and turned until I heard a small click. Opening the rusty door, it groaned and I was greeted with silence.

The door shut behind me with a loud BANG, making me jump as it broke the deathly silence. I whipped around cautiously before realizing it was just the door. Sighing in relief, I checked my phone. The white letters 11:48pm glowed from the cracked screen.

Realizing I arrived early, I decided to walk towards the hallway the mysterious door was located in.

The sound of my footsteps reached my ears as I walked through the hallways, the slight crunch of glass under my shoes made me look down at the shards.

The window was boarded up, the wood planks nailed over where the glass used to be. Clearly some teenagers had nothing better to do. I made a mental note to clean it up later. Stepping over the glass, I approached the beat up door. My heart fluttered, nervous. I reached my hand towards the handle, hoping it was locked.

I turned the handle, a soft click echoing through the hall. Pressing against the door, it didn't move. I pressed harder, but it still didn't budge.

Putting all of my force onto the old door, the strength of it surprised me as it still didn't open or break, even kicking didn't do anything. I was slightly thankful that my curiosity was restricted, not knowing what was lurking behind the surprisingly strong door, I turned around and walked to my new office.

My flashlight flickered softly as I pointed it through the dirty halls; turning a few corners and walking into the door-less room. I brushed any dirt and dust off the small, swivel seat before sitting down.

The old chair creaked at the newly found weight. There were 2 digital pads that hung from the roof in front of me. Metal arms cradled the outdated tablets, a rusty metal bar reaching up, securely bolted to the ceiling.

The sound of a phone rings, echoing through the almost empty office. I reached forward and answered the phone, clicking the speaker button.

A joyous, upbeat male was heard from the other line.

"Hey-hey! Glad you came back for another night! I promise, it'll be a LOT more interesting this time! We found some great new relics over the weekend, and were out tracking down a new lead RIGHT NOW! So, uhh... let me just update you real quick, then you can get to work. Like, the attraction opens in like a week, so we have to make sure EVERYTHING works, and nothing catches on fire! Uhm... when the place opens, people will come in at the opposite end of the building, and works their way towards you, and PASS you, and out the exit. Uh... yeah you've officially become part of the attraction. Uh, you'll be starring as... The Security Guard! So not only will you be monitoring the people on the camera as they pass through, you know, to make sure no one STEALS anything or, makes out in the corner, but you'll also be a part of the show! It'll make it feel, really authentic, I think. Uh... now let me tell you about what's new! We found another set of drawings, always nice, AND A FOXY HEAD! Which we think could be authentic! Then again, it might just be another crappy cosplay. And we found a desk fan, very old school, metal though, so watch the fingers! Uh, heh! Uhm, right now the place is basically just, you know, FLASHING LIGHTS and SPOOKY PROPS."