Chapter Eleven

Adeline rolled onto her back, wiping the sleep from her eyes. That was the funny thing, one night with Jack was enough to chase the demons away. She descended the stairs into the living room, taking one look before she glared at Jack. 
"Seriously? You called my therapist because I sucked your dick last night" 
"Adeline!" Jack bit.
"You weren't complaining last night" she grumbled. 
"You can't keep masking your emotions with sex" 
"Says the man that got a blowjob last night" 
"Adeline!" her mother bit. 
"What? Dr Hale said that I need to associate what dad did to me with something good instead" 
"I did say that but, I didn't intend for you to go about it in this way" 
"Traumatic sex, good sex. It makes sense to me" she shrugged, moving into the kitchen. 
"Sex isn't going to stop him from coming for you. You father is alive, Adeline. He's alive and he's coming-"
"You don't think I know this already? He wants his precious little toy back. I'm not going to get better until we find him" 
"And until then? What do you plan on doing in the mean time?" 
"Sucking dick and getting fucked seems to work the best" 
"Adeline!" Jack and Eleanor scolded simultaneously.  
"I'm not kidding, it works" she shrugged again, leaving the kitchen with a fresh cup of coffee. Adeline moved to sit on the sofa next to Jack. 
"Just, talk to him. Please" 
"I talk to you" she said into her cup. 
"You screw me, there's a difference" she rolled her eyes at him. 
"Where will you be?" 
"At work" 
"Jack, he's going to go after you" 
"Then I'll have to find him before he does" he stood and she caught his hand. 
"Don't go poking at the bear" 
"What if the bear started it?" he joked, placing a kiss to her forehead. She let her eyes fall shut for the briefest of seconds before he pulled away again and left the house with the other detectives following behind him. 
"I'll give you some space" Eleanor got up from the sofa, squeezing Adeline's shoulder before she left. 
"So how is your theory testing out?" Dr Hale began.
"Pretty well. It helps me sleep, we're both satisfied at the end, it's a win, win" she shrugged.
"Is that how Jack feels?"
"I can't answer for him, but he wasn't complaining last night"
"Adeline, I know what was taken from you, but is going about it like this the best way forward?" He suggested, waiting as she thought over his question.
"I'm sleeping. I'm eating. My head feels clear-"
"But is using Jack for peace pushing him further away?" She let out a loud sigh, falling back against the sofa.
"I don't know. He brings me so much peace, he makes it all stop. He makes the pain stop" she admitted, her eyes filling with tears.
"I want you to abstain-"
"Then how will I sleep?"
"Adeline, using sex, even in a positive way is not going to erase your father's touch. Abstain. And when this is all over Jack will still be at your side"
"Maybe but, will I be too broken to accept what he wants to give me"
"Jack will always want you. When this is over, all you have to do is be willing to accept what he has to offer" Adeline let out a frustrated sigh as she slumped back onto the sofa.

Jack and the others returned from work later that evening. Adeline lay on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket as they entered the living room. 
"How are you feeling?" Jack asked as he moved to sit next to her. Adeline opened her mouth to speak when her mother answered for her. 
"She hasn't eaten, again" 
"I'll eat when I'm ready" Adeline grumbled. 
"I may be old but I've been listening to your stomach growling for the past three hours" 
"I don't care. How are my girls?" 
"They're fine, they miss you though. They asked if they could see you-"
"No. It's not safe for them"  
"Addie-" 
"I won't let him have them. No one else is going to get hurt just because he wants me" Jack nodded as he ran the back of his hand over her cheek.
"You need to eat. I'll get you anything you want as long as you promise to eat it"  
"I don't want to eat" 
"Punishing yourself by starving yourself isn't going to help anyone, Addie" 
"I'm already dead on the inside why not be dead on the outside too?" Jack moved onto his knees so that he could meet her sad eyes. 
"Adeline, we're going to catch him and when we do I would really like you to still be here" 
"This is killing me from the inside out and I don't know how much more I can take before I break and shatter" She admitted, her eyes welling with tears, some escaping down her cheeks. 
"Let's worry about one thing at a time. Now, what do you want to eat?" 
"Will you make mac and cheese with extra cheese?" He nodded. 
"Anything for you" He smiled before he dropped his lips to her forehead. He moved into the kitchen to start cooking as Adeline pulled herself up so that the others could sit on the sofa.
"Where can I get me a man like that?" Detective Taylor teased with a smile. 
"Find your own, he's all mine" Adeline managed a little smile. 
After she ate Jack led Adeline upstairs and tucked her into bed, pulling the covers up around her until she relaxed into the mattress. He turned to leave when she caught him by the arm. 
"Wait" 
"I'm not going to have sex with you" 
"I don't want sex, I want you to lie with me" 
"Ok" He nodded, rounding the bed he climbed under the covers with her, hugging her from behind. 
"I'm sorry that I keep hurting you" She muttered. 
"You don't. He's hurting you and you need someone to look after you, someone who knows what he did to you"
"I'm glad that you understand. I love you Jack, I hope you know that" 
"I do, because I love you too Addie. Always have, always will"