08;

Esmè lay in bed and sighed. She looked to her phone as it rang. She knew how things were and how she was pregnant and she hated it.

She knew the mess with Max. And what had happened. She hated how guilty that she felt. But she knew that she was pregnant. She knew how she had to deal with that.

Esmè got ready for work and sighed. She knew how she hadn't told Max that she was pregnant yet. She knew how she had to figure it all and she knew it wasn't easy.

Esmè knew how none of it was. She knew that she had to put herself first. And she knew how that was easier said than done.

Esmè looked to her phone as it rang again. She sighed. She knew how messy that things were. She was worried.

She knew what they had done. And all that she could think about was how her sister would hate her when she found out the truth. 

Esmè knew how much that her sister meant to her. she knew that the last thing that she wanted was for Grace to hate her. Esmè placed a hand on her stomach and sighed.

She knew how she hadn't even thought about what she was going to do. But she did know how she had a big decision to make. And she knew how none of it was easy. 

Esmè knew that whether she had the baby or not, that it would change everything. 

****

Esmè got to work and sat in her classroom. The door opened and she looked to see Grace. She smiled as her sister walked in.

"Hey. Are you okay. I feel as if I haven't seen you lately," Grace said. 

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. Things have been hard at the minute. Are you okay?" She asked as she saw the look on her sister's face.

"I broke up with Max. I have been sleeping with Simon. I know it's a mess. But we have a child together. And we still have that connection. With Max...it wasn't working," Grace said.

Esmè looked to her in shock. "Are you okay?" She asked. 

Grace smiled. "I am I mean. I know it's not easy. But I'm okay.  I'm not getting back with Simon. I just need time for myself," she said.

Esmè smiled. "I get you there. I'm here for you. No matter what," she said as Grace smiled.

She knew that the last thing she wanted was to lose her sister.

****

Esmè walked into Max's office. She looked to him as he smirked. "Well look who it is. If I didn't know any better, I would say that you have been avoiding me," he said.

She looked to him and sighed. "You could say that. Look I didn't come to chitchat. I need to talk to you. And it's important," she said. 

Max looked to her and frowned. "Why. What's up are you okay?" He asked as she ran a hand through her hair.

She sighed. "I have been better. I'm pregnant. And it's yours," she said as Max looked to her in shock.

Esmè knew just how everything was about to change.