04;

Esmè hated what she was doing. She hated how she was sleeping with Max. She knew he was her sister's boyfriend. And she hated how she was doing it.

Esmè sat in her flat and sighed. She was glad it was a weekend. She was glad she didn't have work. She knew she couldn't deal with Max and his games. Esmè knew it was all a game to him. And she wasn't stupid.

Esmè heard a knock at the door and groaned as she stood up from where she was lying on the sofa. She opened the door and smiled as she saw Grace with Lily. "Hey. Is everything okay?" Esmè asked.

Grace nodded. "I need to sort something out. And I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate. But you're my favourite sister. And I wondered if you could watch her?" Grace asked.

Esmè smiled and nodded. "Of course. Let me get dressed and then how about we go to the park?" She said.

Lily grinned. "And ice cream?" She asked.

"Yesss!" Esmè said as she picked up the little girl.

Grace smiled and nodded. "Thanks. You're a life saver," Grace said as Esmè smiled.

She knew she wanted to do all she could to help Grace. Especially knowing how guilty she felt about Max.

****

Esmè sat in the park. She was watching Lily as she was playing on the slide. She frowned as she saw Max and glared. "What the hell? Are you stalking me now?" Esmè asked.

Max looked to her and smirked. "I just happened to be passing. I see you're watching Lily."

"Well aren't you clever? Of course I am. It's the least I owe Grace after what I did with you," Esmè said.

Max smirked and winked. "It was worth it though. The sex. Besides do you really think Grace is innocent? I'm not stupid. I know full well that she has been sleeping with Simon. That's probably what they're doing right now," Max said

Esmè rolled her eyes as she looked at him. "What do you want me to do Max? Huh? Feel sorry for you? You haven't exactly treated my sister with respect have you? And if she is sleeping with Simon, then good for her. It's not like you're totally innocent, is it?" Esmè said as she walked off.

Esmè knew Max was chasing her. But she also knew he was trying to come between her and Grace. And she knew she wasn't going to let that happen.

****

Esmè laid on the sofa with Lily. The door opened and Grace walked in. She smiled. "Hey. How's she been?"

"Good as gold. What are you up to?" Esmè asked.

Grace frowned. "What do you mean?" She asked as she sat down.

Esmè rolled her eyes as she looked at her sister. "I mean I'm not stupid. I know you've been having sex with Simon. Just be careful cause you're with Max. And he isn't someone you want to betray," Esmè said as Grace nodded.

Esmè knew things were complicated with Max. But for how much longer would she be able to resist him for?