06;

Esmè was angry. She was angry at Max. And how he was trying to blackmail her into sleeping with him. She knew that the thought of it made her sick. She had no idea what she was going to do.

She knew that she couldn't sleep with Max. But she knew that if she didn't that he'd tell Grace. And that she would loose her sister.

It was a complicated mess. Esmè knew that things were only going to get worse. She was late. Her period was late and she was scared.

She knew that if she was pregnant it was from Max and the night that they had. Esmè knew that she didn't want this. She didn't want any of it. It scared her.

Esmè looked to her phone as it rang. She picked it up. She saw Max was calling and declined it. She wished that she had never met Max Tyler and it scared her.

Esmè hated how things were between them. She declined the call and sighed.

She knew that as much as she wished that she could that she couldn't avoid max for good. It scared her. Esmè knew that she had to do something about it all.

****

Esmè got to work and stood in the staffroom. She looked to Grace walked in with Simon. She frowned as she looked to him.

She was worried about what was going on. Grace was her sister and best friend. She knew that Grace and Simon had Lily. But he had hurt her in the past.

"Are you okay?" Esmè asked.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I know that you're worried about me but you don't need too. Look nothing is going on with me and Simon. We're trying to get on. I was sleeping with him. But now it's nothing," she said.

Esmè smiled. "You don't need to explain to me. You're my sister and I only want you to be happy. And if that's Simon, so be it. You deserve a lot better than Max Tyler."

Grace looked to her sister and smiled. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't look well," she commented as she saw how pale she was.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "I'm fine. I didn't sleep well. Excuse me," she said as she saw Max as he stood in the doorway. She walked over to where he was and glared. "Why can't you leave me alone?"

Max looked to her. "You know why Esmè. I want you," he told her.

"Go to hell."

****

Esmè stood on the staff toilets. She looked to a pregnancy test that she had just taken. She looked down at it.

Esmè knew how scared she was. She knew as much as she loved her niece. She knew it was different to being a mum. And she had no idea if she was ready. She was scared.

Esmè sighed to herself as she picked up the pregnancy test. She took a breath before she looked down at it. She saw that it was...