The change of plans put me back on the job market, and I recently got hired as a Senior Site Director for Cohen Construction & Real Estate, something that was done quickly and on the fly.

My degree in architectural design and construction ensured that the interview process wasn't long and drawn out, I was their perfect candidate.

But mi still nuh know weh di fuck mi passport deh.

When I lifted that bed and it was nowhere to be found, mi nearly shit up miself.

Nah lie.

I will never get over the fact that I let it out of my safekeeping, and right now there's nothing I can do except wait for another appointment at the embassy.

Which nah happen anytime soon.

Sack of bomboclaat salt.

I have lost so much money and had to dissolve so many plans over my negligence. Disappointed is not even a strong enough word to describe how I am feeling.

Regardless, money still haffi mek.

Mi have mi daughter and ooman as mi responsibility, and nobody else aguh tek care ah dem when mi deh yasso.

Even if Sarai wah keep Lailah from mi.

But mi soon deal wid muma chippy.

"Yuh did serious bout di Chanel bag?" Sevana asks as I stand up from the bed.

Having a ooman is not for the bruk and light-hearted.

"Yea," I affirm, scanning around the room for my slides.

How much dem bag deh even cost?

Cyaa be much, right?

"Really? Mek mi bring up di website suh we can browse" she squeals excitedly, searching on the bed for her phone.

Walking over to the dresser to put on my slides, I find an open spot on the corner of the bed soon after.

Sevana doesn't hesitate to crawl over to me, shoving her phone eagerly in my face.

Why mi pocket ah bun mi?

"Seet yah! I want the flap bag in black, lowkey ah di big one mi ah eye, but I would honestly be fine with the mini " a huge grin is placed on her face from ear to ear.

I take the phone from her and look down at the screen in front of me, immediately shutting it off once my eyes land on the price.

"Hmmmphh," I say, handing the phone back to her as quickly as she gave it me.

Mussi sick inna her medulla.

Muma ah try live har maddest life, betta she gwaan walk roun wid ah scandal bag.

"Ah wah?" she questions, confusion evident in her voice.

Anuh mi name Meech enuh...

"Six thousand dollars? United States at that? Yuh chest high yuh fuck"

"Aye bwoy! Anuh yuh seh yuh wah buy mi it?" she screams, punching my arm with full force.

When she get suh fucking strong?

"Neva know seh mi did haffi sell mi soul fi one bag" I rub at the sore spot she hit.

"Doh worry yuhself, mi know wah man dung ah Mandeville market weh mi see ah sell di same bag fi less" I tease her, trying to stifle my laugh.

"Nah ask yuh fi nutt'n else, yuh dutty likkle germs yuh"

She kissed her teeth in agitation, but I could tell she was trying to hide a smile.