CHAPTER 2: The Stone of Illumisense

A/N: Hey everyone ~
I am back with another chapter, and just in case I forgot to inform you all, I will be updating weekly (or at least try to)
(^-^;
Anyways I'll not bore you all any further 🙇🏻‍♀️

The sun's rays shone through the window and onto Izuku's face, waking him up for another day of school. He yawned as he got out of bed, switching off the alarm before it even went off.

His body felt sore as usual. He tried to stretch his limbs as he stood up, but a wave of pain coursed through him, causing him to fall back onto the bed.

"Tsk..."

He sighed as he stood up once again and slowly limped to the bathroom. He took off his clothes and, as usual, stood in front of the mirror, naked.

His eyes trailed from his face, which was covered in minor scratches, to his torso, which bore scars and bruises, both old and new. The wounds from earlier hadn't even healed yet, and there were fresh ones forming over his slender frame, concealing the old ones underneath them.

He began brushing his fingers over the indigo bruise lying near his ribs and slowly traced his fingers over every newborn mark.

'Will my soulmate find me beautiful even after I look like this?'

He thought before it struck him.

'Shit! I should have received my cosmos by now!'

He went over his body again, but this time to look for his mark and not new scars.

"Where is it...?"

He mumbled as he just could not spot it anywhere. He had so many scars on his skin that he wondered if it was lost among them.

He searched for another five minutes but to no avail. He was slowly falling into his depressed state yet again as the thought of giving up corrupted his mind.

'Maybe... maybe I don't even deserve love.'

His head drooped as tears started to form in his eyes. He turned to head to the shower, but then, it happened.

His eyes caught a glimpse of something green over his left shoulder. He brought his body closer to the mirror and leaned in to have a good look at it, and yes, it was a mark. His cosmic mark.

'Wow... it's beautiful...'

He watched his cosmos, taking in its delicate green, which matched that of the fresh grass embedded on the earth that glistened with morning dew. It was comma-shaped with a dot in between, similar to that of yin and yang.

'Why do I feel like I've seen a similar mark before...?'

Izuku wondered as he kept rubbing his hand over his precious cosmos.

'Ah, leave it! It's been so long since I've been so happy...'

He walked away from the mirror and into the shower.

'I deserve love. I do! The Universe did not abandon me... One day, even I'll be free...'

A satisfied smile sat on his lips under the warm water as the tears, which had welled up for a different reason, fell for a better one.

*TIME SKIP* 1 HOUR LATER~

Izuku, in his uniform, was sitting in the infirmary of U.A. High School, the most renowned school in the entire city of Musutafu, or maybe even the whole of Japan.

Izuku wasn't rich enough to join such a prestigious academy. He was here purely on the basis of his scholarship, which was funded by the principal himself, Mr. Nezu (who had this weird habit of wearing an even weirder costume which included the face of a mouse, paws of a bear, and a tail of a dog... It was definitely... unique).