Chapter 43

Previously

Y/N: " You're going to die in 2 weeks. " 

Present

Shinobu: " Pardon? " 

Y/N: " Yep, you're going to die in 2 weeks. " 

Shinobu: " It's hard to believe... " 

Y/N: " Of course, I can tell you how to die. If that's what you want to hear. " 

Shinobu: " Indulge me then. " 

Y/N: " I'm very sure that your sister has been killed by upper rank-2 demon Doma. In 2 weeks time, the same thing is going to happen. You're going to be consumed by your own insecurities before going into the same battle with him. " 

Shinobu was silent, too deep in thought when Y/N told her about being consumed by her own insecurities. She had these feelings all along, compared to the other hashira's, she had a sense of inferiority complex. She does not have the strength to cut off a demon's head and all she could rely on is her poison. Taking another sip of sake, Y/N continued the story. 

Y/N: " Once the mind tricks were set in place, your death awaits. You can enact the revenge when you lack the strength to do so. " 

Shinobu: " What do you propose to help me then? " 

Y/N: " I'll call my brothers and we shall start training. " 

Shinobu: " Demons are not easy to kill Y/N, are you sure that training is going to help me? " 

Y/N: " I can do many things you've never seen before. Whether you believe me or not, is for you to decide. Here take this. " 

Y/N handed her a black business card, telling her that once she made her decision, tear the card in half and she would be teleported to the training place. Y/N then paid for the food and drinks, before he left, he tipped the stall owner a hefty amount. He snapped his fingers and he was out of sight. The night was still clear and Shinobu decided to talk a walk home, taking in the breeze she was still thinking about what Y/N had said. Being lost in thought, she walked into a beautiful garden that reflected the bright moonlight. 

Crickets and many other insects can be heard playing the beautiful melody of nature, her mind then drifted off to the time when her sister had die in the hands of Doma

Crickets and many other insects can be heard playing the beautiful melody of nature, her mind then drifted off to the time when her sister had die in the hands of Doma. She had recalled all sorts of emotions that she fought so hard to let go, that was when a purple butterfly with a small shade of blue flew towards her.