Chapter 1- Idea

Chris POV

"Chris." I hear my mother call me from downstairs as I get dressed from taking a shower.

"Coming, mom." I yell back as I put on my shirt while walking out of my room and head downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie, me and your father were called into work today, so we can't hang out like we promised, but if you get bored, you can invite your friends over. I made you a plate of eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hashbrowns for breakfast. It's in the microwave." My mother says as I head to warm it up a little bit more before taking it out, putting syrup on the pancakes and eating.

"Alright, mom, that's okay. I hope you guys have a good day at work, and also, I will most likely invite them over just to watch a movie or play games, but I'm not sure yet."

"Well, alright, son. Just don't keep them up with you because I know some of them are leaving for the summer break." My dad says as he enters the kitchen and holds my mothers hand.

"I can't make any promises, but I'll try not to." I say as I look at my parents lovingly.

"Okay. Well, we are off. We won't be back till after nine in the morning. Your mother left some money in the first drawer of the nightstand next to your bed to order some food if you all get hungry." He tells me as he leads my mom outside to the car, opens the door for her, and then closes it.

They wave goodbye to me as I do them and shout out to them to be safe.

I head back inside, close the door, and lock it. I take this opportunity to eat the rest of my food and head to the living room afterward. I sit on the leather sofa as I turn on the TV, go to Netflix, and find a show to watch so I am not bored out of my mind.

Of course, that doesn't work because after two hours of watching the show called Supernatural, I got really bored, so I decided to call all of my friends in the group chat on snapchat.

They all answered on the first two rings, and I asked if they could come over. Surprisingly, they all say yes as their parents say they would drop them off in the background.

The friend group has three boys, including myself, Elliot, Edgar, and Jack, along with the three girls, Ashley, Amanda, and Miranda.

They were all dating each other, and the only one in this friend group who didn't have a girlfriend was, well, me. I never really liked the idea of dating, but that didn't stop me from having some crushes on some girls in school.
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
An hour later, they all arrived at the same time and came inside, headed to the fridge, got some cold drinks, and sat down.

"Hey guys, how have you all been?" I ask as the girls get on their phones, and Elliot speaks up.

"We're doing fine. What about yourself?" He asks in return.

"Oh, I'm okay. My parents got called into work this morning, and they won't be home till after nine in the morning. What have you guys been up to?" I ask as Jack speaks up this time.

"Nothing much. We're just chilling around watching our favorite TV shows." He tells me with a look of boredom on his face.

"Do you guys wanna play some games on the PS4 or like some board games?" I ask them as the girls get off their phones and say yes, and the guys follow after.
...............

We all decided to play on the Playstation before, eventually, two hours later, we all got bored, so I came up with a brilliant idea of exploring the nearby forest.

There have been stories about what it's like and why we shouldn't enter it, but I couldn't help myself from asking my friends.

"Hey guys, I know this is a stupid idea, but let's go explore the forest." I say as they all look at me, surprise written over their faces.