FLASHBACK TO THE NIGHT BEFORE

NORA WAS MUCH more sobered up now and was now making herself a late night snack in the kitchen.

Julie came downstairs, she had a towel around her neck and her hair was wet, showing that she had just finished her shower. "Hey Nora, I ran out of makeup for my tattoo."

"Oh, check the second drawer beside my bed in my room" Nora told her before the smaller girl thanked her, heading upstairs and towards Nora's room.

She opened the second drawer like she was instructed to, rumbling through the other stuff in there when she finally found a small tube of makeup.

She went to close the drawer, accidentally dropping the makeup in the process as it rolled underneath the bed. Julie got on her hands and knees so she could retrieve the makeup that fell but as she did, a black box caught her eye. She grabbed the makeup, pulling the box out from under the bed too.

Her heart dropped when she read the label made out of paper on the top, "JULIE'S PARENTS" She let out a shaky breath, staring at the box, not believing what she was looking at right now.

She stood up from the floor with the box and makeup in hand, exiting Nora's bedroom.

"Did you find it?" Nora was heard asking from the kitchen. Julie stopped at the top of the stairs, she gulped "Yup, thanks! I'm heading to bed now!"

"Goodnight!"

Julie shut her bedroom door, locking it behind her. The girl sat on her bed, hesitant to open the box. Questions and concerns racked her brain as she exhaled through her mouth.

Why did Nora have this? Better question, why did she have it hidden?

Was this really information about her real parents? She didn't remember anything about them, not even how they looked. She felt some sort of guilt that she had not been thinking much about them recently.

Then she felt sadness, sad that Nora found out something about her parents and decided to keep it a secret from Julie.

Pushing away any further thoughts, she took the top off the box, instantly revealing all sorts of folded newspapers and articles. She picked one up and unfolded it, the headline was named "MISSING GIRL"

She read further, "Six year old, Roseanne Acker, went missing on January 23, 1977. Parents have little to no description about how Roseanne must've have went missing. Jamie Acker, mother of Roseanne Acker says, 'It's like she disappeared out of thin air without a trace.'" She didn't realize she was crying until a drop of liquid splashed onto the newspaper page.

Julie dug into the box further, taking another page out. She looked at the missing poster with a little girl that had red, long hair with one hazel eyes and one green eye.

Julianna's lips tremble as she put a hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from letting out a cry. She reached for one final page, it had rough and uneven edges, giving away the fact that it had been cut out or ripped.

It was a picture of two adults, one was a woman that had straight, red hair. Her eyes were warm brown as her features were soft.

Next to her was a guy, he had slight stubble going across his jawline as a slight mustache laid above his top lip. He had brown hair that went with his nicely shaped brows and dark brown eyes.

Were these her parents? Who's Roseanne? Was that her?

She noticed that both of her parents had brown eyes which sparked her interest based on how she had different colored eyes than the both of them.