Chapter Six

Author notes:

This text implies thoughts.

"This is dialogue"

Location: Kuoh Town, Central Park.
Pov: Third Person

"P-P-Please, Spare Me."

Kalawarner looked up into the masked figure eye's hoping to appeal to his human nature. But much to her horror, she only saw a monster pretending to be a man.

The ever fleeting sense of hope vanished quickly, as he lifted his black blade high above his head. His killing intent crashed down on her like a raging typhoon.

"Wait! You don't have to kill her!"

Kalawarner turned her head to see the young man she had intended to murder trying to save her life. She would say that this honestly confused her, but what confused her was the man in the mask hesitated to strike her down.

"Look I don't know what's going on here, and god knows that I'm confused as hell. But whatever it is that she's done, she can make amends for it. She doesn't need to die."

Issei pleaded his case for this girl, who by all rights had tried to kill him. He doesn't know why, but he couldn't just stand by, and allow her to be executed like some kind of animal.

The silence from the masked man was driving Kalawarner mad. She weighed her options very carefully, as she glanced at the boy she was supposed to kill.

In her mind, she had three choices.

First. She could try to escape, which would probably end up with her being struck down from the sky like Dohnaseek.

Second. She could try to take Issei hostage, but she figured with how fast this man was. She wouldn't even reach him before her head would roll.

This left her with her final option, and the one most likely that would allow her to survive another day.

Let Issei talk him down. Kalawarner didn't know why, but this man had some connection to the pervert, and she had every intention of using that to her advantage.

"If I let her live. She'll try or someone else from her group will try to kill you."

Issei looked down at Kalawarner who refused to look at him, as she slowly shook her head from side to side.

"T-Thats not true. I'll leave, and say that our mission was a success. No one will come after you, I swear."

"..."

Issei didn't know whether or not she was telling the truth. Sure this woman had tried to kill him but her group didn't even get the chance yet.

"Don't be weak, she's lying. They won't believe that you alone killed three of her squad and that she's the only survivor. They will look into things and eventually, the truth will be discovered. "

Yes, they may have conspired to kill him. But this masked man stopped them and showed them that he wouldn't be taken out so easily.

Maybe Issei was weak like this man said, but he couldn't sit by and watch as someone got murdered. Even if they deserved it or not.

The masked man clicked his tongue, as he brought his sword up above his head. He was prepared to give the final blow when suddenly the hair on the back of his neck stood up.

He saw scattered black feathers falling from the sky, and his blood ran cold.

"Issei! Look out!"

The masked man lunged towards the brown-haired teen and pushed him backward causing Issei to fall back.