“I’m so glad you found her, Reid. I can't tell you how elated I am for you. She's perfect.”

I tuck my hands in my pocket.

“I'm sure Anika has been dying to hear those exact words from you. You know she worships the ground you walk on, Ash.”

She rolls her eyes.

“Your mother worships the ground I walk on. Of course, Anika does too.”

“And Lee?”

“Oh God, please no. I'd never want her to worship the ground I walk on” she says with a light shudder.

I arch a brow.

“Aileen is real. A breath of fresh air. And so different from all the women you've been with Reid. And I love that for you. Hell, I love that for me. She'll do our family good and you know Grandma will love her more than any of us when she meets her right?”

“I'm afraid to imagine” I admit with a smile.

“Do you think Lee knows how much Grandma will love her?”

“She does now” Aileen walks toward us with a smile.

Asha presses her lips together to hide her smile.

“It was really nice to meet you, Lee. And about the French lady prank, it really is a family tradition” She holds up both her hands in submission.

“Any other traditions I should be aware of?” Lee asks.

“No,” the two of us reply at the same time.

My fiancée’s eyes narrow.

“I’m having a hard time believing you two.”

“At least nothing too dangerous,” Asha offers.

Her attempt at a glare makes Asha break out into a fit of laughter.

“Well, I’m leaving now” She takes her purse out of my grasp. “Thank you for the wonderful meal, Lee. It was  a pleasure, and I'd love to do it again.”

Aileen smiles.

“Come by anytime, Asha.”

My cousin hugs her and then hugs me goodnight.

“I'll see you two lovebirds at your engagement party.”

Right... it's tomorrow.

I stay out on the front stairs and watch Asha drive off like a race car driver. When the screeching sound from her tires fades off into the night, I go back inside the house. Aileen's in the shower by then so I try to busy myself with work in my home office.

But the many questions I have about why she'd not tell me about the men in her life and that obvious lie about never kissing anyone before, don't help and I find myself standing in the entryway of 'Coziness Central', waiting for the perfect moment to say something.

“I can hear the gears turning in your head, Armani” she suddenly speaks up. “You can ask, I won't bite” amusement plays in her eyes as she looks over her shoulder at me.

I step onto the porch and sink onto one of the large throw pillows beside her on the floor. I set the wine I'm hiding behind me in front of her and set the glasses down too. Aileen looks at me, then chuckles.

“Ugh, you know I'm not a wine girl, Armani.”

“And I thought this relationship was a transparent one but clearly...” I scoff, “... I was wrong.”

“Starting right away huh?” she laughs. “I like a bold man.”

“How many of these said bold men did you reject when they proposed?”