Chapter 16

✿ Aileen's POV

My hands graze the pulse point of my neck where his lips were less than 24 hours ago.

“Beautiful.”

My eyelids automatically shut and I feel my lips part as the sensation comes flooding back in pleasurable waves. He didn't even kiss me and my insides were already turning into fine mush.

Lee...

His touch was incredible.

Lee...

He knew just what to do to get me to moan.

“You feel that? That's a C-flat major.”

I swallowed. Why didn't the kiss happen? Did she have to walk in at that moment?

Lee...

Couldn't she have waited for just...

“Aileen!”

My eyes snap open and I lift my head only to slam it into something hard.

“Ow!”

I rub the side of my head and turn to see her watching me with her head cocked to the side.

“Yes, Bon?”

“What are you doing down there?”

What am I doing here?

I quickly get up, trying to come up with an explanation as I did.

“I um... was looking for my phone. Found it!” I smile, pulling it out of my back pocket.

She eyes me a little before nodding.

“Okay.”

I keep a smile on my face.

“You coming?”

“Yes, yes, of course,” I nod and stand up from where I was crouched beside the counter.

Get it together, Lee!

The smell of sugar cookies strongly enters the air as I approach the kitchen. Laid out on the worktables are dozens of our best-selling sugar cookies. I smile and pause at the doorway to enjoy the smell till I spot Tasmim struggling with the frosting recipe again.

“Tas, you're messing up the frosting. You need to add more sugar,” Douglas says, walking towards her.

“No, I'm not. You're just jealous that I'm making it better than you.”

“Why would I be jealous? I make the best frosting after Miss Lee,” he chortles.

“Please, Vee's the best after Miss Lee” Jaime rolls her eyes as she opens one of the ovens to check on the bread.

“That girl is good,” Silas chimes in.

“She can bake her tail off,” Tasmim chuckles.

I shake my head.

“Miss Lee?” Angelo, the new kid I hired three days comes up behind me.

“Yes?”

“Some people are coming in and I don't know if their orders will be together or separate,” he tells me, letting me hear the panic in his thick Filipino accent.

“Hang on, lemme just wash my hands first,” I say making my way towards the sink in the kitchen.

Jaime grins at me when I enter and I smile back. Once I'm done, I walk back out and into the eatery with Angelo trailing closely after me. After showing him what to do, I observed him for a bit.