Chapter 11

As each day passes I was recovering. I was glad, Hae-Jung didn't show up or try his antics on me. However, I was still caution to danger. To make things complicated, Lomon and I kiss but he still hadn't ask me out yet. I was afraid he would never take plunge. For now all I could think of is to catch Hae-Jung and lock him for good.

The first step to end this was to pay a visit to Joon-Gi's apartment. As I sat in his living room, sipping on a cup of tea, he began to inform me about the stalker, due to his fingerprint they finally realized his identity.

"It's Hae-Jung isn't it" I spoke causing Joon-Gi to be surprise.

"I know him" For the past few days I was recollecting the thoughts of the past. It happen when Hae-Jung trigger my memory. It was no wonder why he was familiar.

"Then you should know he has autism" Joon-Gi questioned, i sigh before acknowledging the truth.

"He was bullied in high school due to his behavior and occasionally I came to save him" I couldn't bare to remember when the bullies push Hae-Jung head inside the toilet and kicking him at the school yard for fun.

The bandages that I bought for him each time he got hurt was traumatizing. He eventually moved school with his brother and I never saw him again.

Joon-Gi and I spent the rest of the evening strategizing on how to catch him and put an end to his erratic behavior. We talked about possible motives and potential actions he might take. As we went back and forth, I couldn't help but feel grateful for Joon-Gi's support and expertise on the matter.

"Haejin" As we finished for the day, Joon-Gi dropped me home. I look at him before opening the car door.

"I'm sorry"

"For..?" I wasn't sure what he was apologizing all of the sudden.

"Breaking up with you" My breath stopped, this is what I wanted to hear few years ago. Shaking my head in disbelieve I went out, with rains pouring down my trail.

"Wait!" Joon-Gi notice how upset I am and tried to chase me.

"Why act like this Joon-Gi? Why open the pandora box that meant to be close?!" I shouted.

"I couldn't face you after our break up. I was guilty and I knew I regretted my decision ." When Joon-Gi left without a trace, I was shatter into pieces. He was what I had at that time, when I was still young and naive.

"You are selfish Joon-Gi. You chose your career and left me as if you didn't need me" I couldn't contain the emotion that I had. He didn't know the broken pieces that was left because of him.

"I know. You can hate me, despise me for eternity! But it doesn't change the fact that I still love you." Joon-Gi was making it harder for me to breathe. I didn't need this thrown into my life when there is a stalker on the loose. My hand formed into a fist before hitting his chest, pushing my frustration and anger I've hid for many years. Joon-Gi didn't fought back knowing he deserve it.

Underneath the rain we were both soaking wet with feelings explode into the air. I still care about him. There's not a day where I don't miss him. We were perfect in our own way, full of flaws that we have accepted overtime of each other.

"Go home Joon-Gi" I muttered before walking inside my apartment, leaving the man without an answer. I couldn't accept him with an open arm, our story has closed.

The next day, I decided to visit Lomon at his apartment. We decided to go for a drink together but as I approached his door, my heart sank when I witnessed a sight that shattered my hopes.

There, before my eyes, I saw Yeji, passionately kissing him. The shock and pain coursed through my veins. How could Lomon betray my trust like this?

Tears welled up in my eyes, and confusion consumed my mind. I was left standing outside the door, frozen in a state of heartbreak and disbelief. As my gaze met Lomon's startled eyes. He stuttered, struggling to form words in the face of his betrayal.

"Haejin!"

My leg began running and everything felt like a blur as I stumbled back, trying to take in what just happened. It seemed that my romantic journey had turned into a painful ordeal, where the people I trusted had let me down.