Chapter 7

I woke up feeling embarrassed and ashamed. I couldn't believe  I had almost kissed Lomon last night. It was awkward and uncomfortable. I wondered if he felt the same as I did.

After getting dressed, I headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. As I was taking out the eggs from the refrigerator, Lomon came in. Our eyes met for a moment, and I felt my face flush with embarrassment.

"Morning," Lomon said nonchalantly.

"Morning," I replied, not sure what else to say.

We stood in silence for a few moments, and I could feel the tension growing. I wanted to say something to break the awkwardness, but my mouth was dry, and I couldn't find my words.

Lomon cleared his throat. "Listen, about last night -"

"It's okay," I interrupted quickly, not wanting to re-live the awkwardness of the moment. "Let's forget about it and move on."

Lomon nodded, seeming a bit upset. "Yeah, sure. So, what are your plans for today?"

"My manager is picking me up for a modeling shoot." I explained

"I see," Lomon said, his eyes lighting up. "If anything happen call me." He spoke before fixing his blue stripes tie.

"Thank you, here let me help you" As I stand in front of Lomon, my heart speeds up. We were an inch close to each other, with my finger fixing his tie I could tell he was looking at me. His gaze never left my sight.

"Haejin, I should make you do this everyday before I go to work" He smirk, teasing me of my well done job before grabbing his lawyer pin. Punching his chest I laugh to his words.

As we eat breakfast together, Lomon stopped chewing on his blueberry pancake.

"Haejin, I know we've been friends for a while, but I have to tell you something. I was wondering if maybe-"

Before he could finish his sentence, his phone rang. Lomon drop the conversation and left to work leaving me confused. Either way, I was going to get the answer from him.

As I stood in front of the camera, striking poses and trying to perfect my smile I could feel the bright light capturing the moment. It was difficult to work knowing what has happened for a few weeks. When the cameraman got the photos he needed, mt manager walk towards me.

"Here, you need this" Giving her a thank you, I immediately gulp the water down. Eunjung glance at me in worry just like Lomon does.

"I will try to find another apartment for you. I really hope the police will catch him" I could only wish the same as well.

As my phone began to ring. i glanced at the screen and saw that it was Lomon. My heart race with excitement as I picked up the call.

"Hey, Lomon!" i exclaimed.

"Haejin," replied Lomon's calm voice. "Listen, I've got some news. I think I found out where your stalker lives."

My heart stopped for a moment. He has made a progress that the police haven't got to yet.

"Really? Where?" I asked, almost afraid to know.

"I'll send you the location. I thought maybe you could come with me"

My heart swelled with gratitude. Lomon had always been so thoughtful and supportive. It was one of the reasons I was falling for him.

"Yes. Let's go," I said, and hung up.

As Lomon and I stepped into the dimly lit apartment, my heart rate accelerated with every step I took. The hairs on my neck stood on end as I saw how messy the apartment look. There was garbage pile on top of each others. Lomon had to cover his mouth due to its unpleasant fragrance. I glance throughly at the place, seeing what I could find.

"Lomon...!"

As I look to my right, I saw a closer room. My gut was telling me to open it, and when I did. I let out a shriek when I saw what was in front of me

I saw a dead body of lying in the center of the room. He was dressed in rags, and his eyes were wide open, staring up at the ceiling.

My heart drop and stomach turn. I had never seen a dead body before, and the sight of it was too much for me to bear. Lomon seemed unfazed as he calmly walked over to the body and examined it.

I wanted to leave, but I was too scared to move. Lomon seemed to sense my fear and gently took my hand. He looked into my eyes and said "Breathe Haejin"

Lomon reported the murder to the police. They arrived shortly afterwards and began to investigate. I was terrified by what I had seen and my head was spinning. I wanted to vomit at the thought of it. The policemen who was handling my case came towards me.

"Haejin we need you to verify if the man that was killed is your stalker" He explained, I look at Lomon before being reassured. As I look at the body , my heart races. Tears swelled around my eyes as I shook my head in disappointment that it wasn't him. Lomon hugged me knowing we were nowhere close to the stalker identity. I know I was at my wits point especially I have been caught in a murder scene.