Chapter 2

As I woke up the next morning, my mind has filled better. I had to blame my irregular sleep that cause me to act anxious at the grocery store. Glancing at my phone I saw a message from Lomon and our beach meeting. With thoughts of it my spirit lifted thinking how incredible it would be sitting by the beach with him by my side.

If Yeji was going to confess I'm going to show Lomon why he should be with me.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the coffee shop, eager to get my caffeine fix for the day. It was crowded, as usual, but thankfully there was an empty spot by the window that looked out onto the bustling street. I hurried over and settled into the seat, ready to enjoy my cappuccino in peace.

But as I began sipping, I noticed a man at a nearby table staring at me. Which reminds of my encounter of man at the grocery store. However, because I couldn't see the man clearly yesterday, I assume it's a different man. At first, I tried to ignore him, thinking maybe he was just staring off into space. I don't want to sound that I'm over confidence with how I look. But then I caught him looking directly at me, his eyes full of intensity.

I glanced away, feeling uncomfortable, but couldn't shake the feeling that he was still watching me. My heart began to race as I realized that he might be staring at me because he recognized me.

I pretended to be absorbed in my phone, hoping that he would lose interest and look away. But when I finally summoned the courage to glance up, I got the shock of my life. He had moved closer and was now sitting right across from me, staring me down.

"Can I help you?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. I tried not to show fear across my expression as my heart thump loudly

"Hi, my name is Hae-Jong" he replied, his voice sounding friendly enough, but his eyes hauntingly intense. "You're Lee Haejin, I'm one of your follower on Stargram" He didn't hesitate and knew it was me instantly. I felt half relief that it was a fan of mine and he was just trying to address his intention.

"Thank you" I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "But I would like to have some peace to myself" he was bombarding me with personal question that eventually got me anxious. I tried my best to deflect eye contact, but it was clear he was getting more and more agitated. Knowing this won't end well I bid him goodbye and ran out of the shop. I could feel shivers running down my spine if I stay longer.

Going to Yeji's party is what I needed to distract myself. As I stepped inside my heart pounded with anticipation and nerves. The thought of Lomon being here was overwhelming.

I maneuvered my way through the crowd, searching for a glimpse of Lomon's familiar face. The music pulsed in my ears, matching the erratic beat of my heart. The room was dimly lit, and the intense atmosphere made it difficult to spot anyone in particular.

Finally, I found a quiet corner where I could gather my thoughts. I slipped my phone out of my pocket, intending to text Lomon and ask about his whereabouts. Just as my thumbs hovered over the screen, I noticed a familiar figure in the distance. It was Lomon, standing by the drinks table, engaged in a conversation with a group of people.

My heart skipped a beat as I observed him from afar. Lomon's easy smile and contagious laughter were infectious, drawing people towards him like a magnet. My heart sank, realizing that I wasn't the only one captivated by his charm. He seemed completely at ease, surrounded by people who wanted his attention.

Jealousy crept up on me, mixing with the fear of rejection. I couldn't bear the thought of Lomon being interested in someone else or Yeji. I know he isn't mine but it would pain me to lose him.

Feeling a surge of determination, I mustered the courage to approach Lomon. I took a deep breath, pushing past the crowd towards him.  When our eyes met he shouted my name in happiness.

"You didn't reply my text, so I thought you won't come" He spoke as both of us stood together. Due to the incident, I forgot to check my phone and cause Lomon to wonder. I wanted to tell him what happen however Yeji appear.

"Hi Haejin glad you made it!" She exclaimed before giving me a hug.

"Is it alright if I borrow Lomon for a second?" I wanted to refuse but being the bigger person I nodded my head. I could see her pushing him outside and that cause me to feel apprehensive. Waiting for them, I went to grab a drink.

Every minute passed by like eternity, when it's been 10 minutes I walk outside to find Lomon.

However, I knew I shouldn't have done it. Glancing at the scene I saw Lomon hugging her, in instance my heart cracked, and I struggled to hold back tears. I believe that I had a chance at love. But seeing him hugging her shattered that fantasy, leaving only pain in its wake.

I turned on my heels, desperate to escape the suffocating atmosphere. Tears welled up in my eyes as I dashed towards the front door, desperate to put as much distance as possible between Lomon and me.

Trying to regain my composure. It was a painful realization that my feelings were unrequited, but I had to accept it. Perhaps it was time to move on, to heal my broken heart.