Chapter 3

As days went by, I found myself in a whirlwind of emotions. The image of Lomon hugging Yeji played a constant loop on my mind, nibbling away my trust towards him.

However, I couldn't let a mere misunderstanding ruin the connection I have with Lomon. Even if Lomon end up with Yeji as a friend I should support them. So, after much contemplation, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and agreed to meet.

The day of the meeting arrived, and my heart fluttered with a mix of anxiousness and anticipation. I meticulously picked out an outfit, trying to strike the perfect balance between casual and alluring. I wanted to look my best, hoping to catch Lomon's attention and maybe even dispel any lingering doubts.

As we arranged to meet at our favorite café, my heart raced with nerves. But the moment I stepped inside and laid eyes on Lomon, my anxiety began to melt away. His warm smile and familiar face reassured me that everything would be okay.

As we settled at the corner table, I couldn't help but address the elephant in the room. My voice slightly trembled as I asked, "Lomon, I saw you hugging Yeji the other day. Can you please explain what happened?"

Lomon's face turned serious, realizing the weight of the situation. "Haejin, Yeji approached me that day to talk, and she insisted on hugging me as a way to say goodbye to her feelings for me. It was never about any romantic involvement between us."

I listened intently, my heart slowly starting to believe his explanation. I saw the sincerity in his eyes and how his voice quivered with vulnerability. It was a side of Lomon I hadn't seen before, making it harder for me to hold onto my doubts.

"I-I thought that you would accept her feeling" I finally admitted, my voice softening. "It's just that you guys know each other for so long I assume you would be together"

Lomon smiled gently, understanding my struggle. "Haejin, I only thought of her as a friend" His respond relief my heart however I couldn't help to thinks he think the same of me as well. 

As I'm walking home from work the next day, I notice a small bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates sitting outside my apartment door. At first, I think it's a mistake, but then I saw a note.

'To the most beautiful girl' -HJ

I couldn't comprehend who is HJ and what is his intention. The initial already eliminates Lomon name. Taking the picture of the gifts, I proceed to send them to Hemi.

"It could be your fans? Maybe someone you work with?" Hemi on the other line suggested, trying to make sense out of this. I know the possibility could be endless but after telling her the accident I could feel this isn't coincidence.

"I'm sure it's not a big deal Haejin. You're famous, people wants your attention it's no deniable." I always felt that I was normal girl but having a 500k followers on social media can be a different perspective to other.

Agreeing to her words I end the call and plop myself against the sofa. Not even a second another phone call rings. Not checking who it is, I press the green button.

"Hello?"

"Haejin I'm upset that you threw away my gift" The man spoke abruptly causing me to gasp. Checking at my phone I saw it was an unknown number.

"Who is this?!" I shouted feeling frustrated

"I suggest you to be more obedience towards me because I'm not a patience person" He warned causing chills run down through my spine. This man has a hold of my number and I was getting dizzy thinking of his words.

"Go to hell!" I cursed before hanging up and blocking his number. Tears slide out from eyes angry not knowing what to do. I was doom.