18

there's nothing but silence and the crunch of the leaves underneath our feet after every step we take. Zade hasn't said a word either.

I look up at him and he's just staring ahead as we walk, the deep frown still plastered on his face. I let out a small sigh before also looking ahead allowing the tweets of the birds and crunch of the leaves fill the air.

a few minutes later

we're far more deeper in the woods and not going to lie, my heard is starting to race a bit. I've never been this far down before.

"zade do you want to start heading back?" I turn my head to look up at him but he still doesn't make eye contact  and doesn't say a word.

he suddenly starts walking quicker and I try to pry my hand away from his but his grip tightens, not allowing ne to do so.

"zade.. what are you doing? Please let me go that hurts" my heart starts beating even faster, I take in all my surrounding but its just trees. everywhere.

"keep fucking walking." He mumbles before walking even faster, i can barely keep up with this guy.
My breathing starts to quicken, but zade doesn't slow down

"zade at least tell me what's happening, you're scaring me." He glances at me and before he could answer, another hand wraps around my other arm and yanks me backwards into them, their grip suddenly on my throat.

I panic and look at zade, he looks furious but calm. He looks at me, from what I see he's telling me to do the same thing. stay calm.

Thats pretty hard to do if there's a random person stood behind me practically strangling me.

"well well who have we got here."

zade looks at them not saying a word until a good few minutes pass.

"I was using her."

what? He better be joking.

"Oh really?" I still can't work out who this person is.

"yeah, take her if you want she's nothing to me." He takes his hand and runs it across his chin before looking at me, once we make eye contact he looks away immediately.

oh boy, he better be joking otherwise we're going to have some problems.

I'm also starting to get impatient, I just can't wait to knee this guy behind me in his fucking dick.

I huff before looking at the ground, not wanting to make any eye contact with zade.
the voice behind me speaks again

"Is that so? Because I've been watching you two for the past few months and that doesn't seem to be the case, zade."

I take a deep breath and roll my eyes, no fucking shit.
As if they knew what I was doing, their grip got tighter.

My heart beats faster, I can't tell if I'm scared or just shocked, but I hope we can escape and then I can scold zade about what he said because that was unacceptable.

A few minutes pass, it feels like hours until zade finally says something again

"I'll pay you. 50k to leave me and my girl alone." My heart swells. "My girl"
their grip loosens a bit and that's when I take my chance to grab onto their forearm and twist myself out, kicking them in the back and they let out a groan

I take a step back and zade smirks, holding his hand out, waiting for me to grab it. Not after what you just said.

I look at him and turn my back away from him, looking back down at the person below. Grabbing a fistful of their blonde hair, I pull their hair back. It's a man, also with a scar but across his cheek, I hum to myself as I inspect his face getting a good look before throwing his head back towards the ground.

I wipe my hands and huff again, quickly taking a step over his back making sure I cause him pain.
He let's out another strangled groan and I smile, finally walking off

I head back towards the house, not wanting to wait for zade he has long legs so he can catch up himself, although I don't want him to.

I finally make it out the woods and practically run to my door and pushing through it to open it.
I lock it, although there's no use since zade can get in regardless. Whatever.

even if the person knew he was lying why would he said that?

And the biggest question of all is, who was that? His brother? Father??

I stood by the door, listening to my own thoughts not realising that zade has already made it back, his hands slithering around my waist.

---------------

I havent uploaded for a few months and I really do apologise, I am trying my hardest I swear😭🙏🏻
I have mocks and then my actual gcse's soon so I do apologise if I don't upload for a while again.
I starter to feel bad because I kept getting notifications saying people were either favouriting my story or commenting and I thought that I really finish writing another chapter and I have🙏🏻
I'm so grateful for you all and thankyou to those who have/are reading this book, I appreciate it - I made this book for fun and didn't think it would get this far😭

I love you all and thankyou for reading🫶🏼

17/01/24