Corey and Charlie No More

Corey

After prom was bittersweet. The second we exited the venue, Charlie pulled me aside.

I'd been hearing rumors abut what was about to happen for awhile now, so needless to say I was prepared.

"Look, Corey, you're so kind and all, but I think it's best-," Charlie began, but I didn't feel like listening to a fake spiel.

"Charlie, save your breath. I figured you just wanted to come to prom, I am not stupid despite your ideas of me. Have a good life," I told her, patting her shoulder before making my exit.

We broke up.

I am a bit upset, of course. I mean, she was my girlfriend. But I feel a weight lifted off my shoulder.

I swear that girl was half, like, chihuahua or something of the sort– tiny, aggressive, and full of attitude.

"Cor, where were you?" Liam asked, smiling wide with Jules by his side.

"Breaking up with Charlie," I replied as if it was casual.

"Oh, um, alright?" He said rather questionably.

"Are you okay?" Jules asked me.

"Couldn't be better," I loosened my tie, "truly."

"Round everyone up," Brandon announced, "we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow!"

As I attempted to help Brandon find the girls, I passed by Charlie tongues-deep with this other guy in her grade. Now, me personally, I am not surprised. I even let out a small laugh. This dudes date, however, poor girl.