27 - A Mistake

OKAY, SO THIS CHAPTER IS ALL ABOUT THE REPERCUSSIONS OF THE LAST CHAPTER'S DEEDS. I MUST WARN YOU BEFORE, THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME EVER AGAIN! SO, IT'S YOUR CHOICE EITHER YOU WANNA READ THIS OR NOT. ANYHOO, ENJOY!

Marinette's POV

Marinette's eyes fluttered open, her head throbbing with the aftermath of the night's revelry. The soft rays of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow upon the room. As she reached for her phone, a wave of unease washed over her when she saw it was Adrien calling. Her heart skipped a beat, realizing the complexity of the situation she found herself in.

With a mix of guilt and confusion clouding her thoughts, Marinette made a hasty decision. She declined Adrien's call and powered off her phone, hoping to delay the inevitable conversation she would have to face. She turned her attention to Felix, who was still nestled beside her, their bodies entwined beneath the warm covers.

Marinette gently shook Felix awake, her voice filled with urgency. "Felix, we need to get dressed. Quickly."

Felix blinked sleepily, momentarily disoriented by the sudden interruption. He nodded in understanding and rose from the bed, retrieving his own clothes. Marinette's hands trembled slightly as she reached for her own garments, her mind racing to grasp the reality of what had transpired the night before.

As they dressed, a heavy silence hung in the air, broken only by the soft rustling of fabric. Marinette mustered the courage to speak, her voice laced with vulnerability. "Felix, I need to talk to you about last night."

Felix's gaze met hers, his eyes reflecting a mixture of shock and hurt. He silently urged her to continue, his emotions simmering beneath the surface. Marinette's voice wavered as she confessed the truth, her words colored by the haze of drunken intoxication. She admitted that in her inebriated state, she had mistaken Felix for Adrien, their identical twin resemblance blurring the lines of her perception.

The weight of Marinette's revelation settled heavily upon Felix's shoulders, his heart pinpricked by a sense of betrayal and longing. He had hoped that their night together had been the catalyst for Marinette to recognize her feelings for him, but her confession shattered that hope like fragile glass.

The room seemed to close in on Marinette as the reality of her actions sank in. Panic gripped her chest, her breathing becoming shallow and erratic. She clutched her chest, feeling the walls closing in around her. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision as she struggled to comprehend the magnitude of the situation.

In the midst of her panic attack, Marinette's body trembled, her sobs escaping in choked gasps. The weight of her mistake bore down upon her, the realization that she had shared an intimate night with someone other than Adrien overwhelming her. The guilt and shame crashed over her like a tidal wave, threatening to drown her in remorse.

Felix, despite his own pain, moved closer to Marinette, wrapping his arms around her trembling form. He held her tightly, attempting to offer solace and support amidst the storm of emotions that raged within her. His voice, filled with a mix of compassion and pain, broke through her anguish.

Marinette's POV

Adrien's heart raced as he watched Marinette and Felix approach. The sight of them together sparked a fire within him, igniting a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. His blood boiled at the mere presence of Felix, but Adrien pushed aside his anger, focusing solely on Marinette.

Without a second thought, Adrien disregarded Felix entirely and sprinted toward Marinette. He couldn't bear to be separated from her any longer, the three days of longing and worry fueling his desperate need to hold her in his arms once more. As he reached her, he enveloped her in a tight embrace, his eyes welling up with tears of relief and pent-up emotion.

In his overwhelming joy, Adrien leaned in and kissed Marinette passionately, pouring the intensity of his emotions into the moment. But as he did, he sensed her lack of response, her hesitance in returning the kiss. Confusion clouded his mind, and he pulled back, studying Marinette's guilt-ridden eyes.

His voice trembled, laced with concern as he whispered, "Marinette, what happened? Please, tell me everything."

Marinette's silence only deepened Adrien's worry. He knew her well enough to recognize the signs of distress and guilt etched across her face. His insistence grew stronger, his voice gentle but firm.

"Marinette, I need you to trust me and tell me what happened," Adrien pleaded, his heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and fear. He reached out, gently brushing his thumb against her cheek, silently encouraging her to open up.

Unable to bear the weight of her guilt any longer, Marinette's defenses crumbled, and tears streamed down her face. She sobbed uncontrollably, the weight of her actions crushing her from within. She knew she had unconsciously cheated on her loving boyfriend, and the thought of breaking his heart tore her apart.

Adrien's heart ached as he witnessed Marinette's anguish. He held her tightly, offering her a shoulder to lean on and a safe space to release her pain. His voice softened, filled with empathy and love.

"Marinette, I'm here for you. Whatever it is, we'll face it together," Adrien whispered, his words a soothing balm to her shattered soul. He caressed her cheek, wiping away her tears with his thumb, his gaze unwavering and full of unwavering support.

As Marinette struggled to find her voice amid her tears, Adrien patiently waited, his love for her unwavering. He knew that whatever she had to confess, they would find a way to heal and rebuild their trust. His heart braced for the truth, ready to face the challenges ahead, no matter how difficult they may be.

DO YOU LIKE IT? I'M NOT SURE IF YOU DO UNLESS YOU TELL ME. BESIDES, I GOT ONLY 995 WORDS IN THIS PART BUT I'LL BE SURE TO MAKE MORE PARTS SOON ENOUGH. ANYHOO, TILL THEN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. I LOVE Y'ALL. BYE!