22 - Is It Over Now?

GUYS! GUESS WHAT? THIS IS PROBABLY GONNA BE THE END OF THIS BOOK. WHAT IF NOT? I DON'T KNOW. BUT THIS STORY IS GONNA TURN OUT AMAZING SHORTLY. BY THE WAY, FOR NOW YOU GUYS CAN ENJOY!

Adrien's POV

I woke up with a start, my heart pounding in my chest. I was breathing heavily, and my palms were sweaty. I had just had a nightmare, one of the most vivid and disturbing nightmares I had ever had.

In my dream, Felix kissed Marinette.

I woke up with a scream, my body covered in a cold sweat. I sat up in bed, my heart racing. I looked around, trying to get my bearings. I was in a hotel room in Paris, but it wasn't the same room I had been in with Marinette. This room was bigger and more luxurious, and it had a large balcony overlooking the city skyline.

I realized that I was in a Parisian hotel room. Dad had insisted that I stay here while I was in Paris for an urgent meeting. Why did I even agree?

I looked down at the bed next to me and saw Kagami sleeping soundly. She had her arms wrapped around me, and her head was resting on my chest. I felt a pang of guilt. I was supposed to be with Marinette, but I was here with Kagami.

I carefully removed Kagami's arms from around me and got out of bed. I walked over to the balcony and looked out at the city lights. I felt so helpless. I wanted to talk to Marinette, to reassure her that I loved her and that I would be back to her soon. But I couldn't. I was trapped here in Paris, and I didn't know when I would be able to get back to her.

I sighed and turned away from the window. I walked back over to the bed and sat down. I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing, and I couldn't stop thinking about Marinette and Felix.

I knew that Felix was a dangerous man. He was manipulative and ruthless, and he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. I had to warn Marinette, but I didn't know how. I was trapped here in Paris, and she was all alone in Hawaii with Felix.

I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes. I tried to think, but my mind was too tired. I drifted off to sleep, but my dreams were troubled. I dreamed of Marinette and Felix. And I dreamed of the day when I would be able to be with Marinette again, and finally free of Felix's grasp.

Marinette's POV

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing with thoughts of Adrien and Luka.

I still couldn't believe what had happened earlier that night. I had almost given Luka a second chance. But then I had pulled away. I knew that I couldn't be with him after what he had done to me.

But I also knew that I couldn't be with Adrien right now. Not after seeing Kagami kissing him.

I sat on the bed, staring at the space next to me. I could still smell Adrien's cologne on the bedsheets, and it made me ache for his touch. I had never felt so lonely in my life.

I reached for my phone and opened Adrien's contact information. I hesitated for a moment, then lowered the phone back down. It was almost 3 a.m. in Paris. He was probably asleep with Kagami.

I thought about calling Felix instead, but I didn't want to disturb him. He had already helped me so much, and I didn't want to ask any more of him.

I felt like I was suffocating. I needed to talk to someone, but I didn't know who.

I closed my eyes and thought about Emilie. She was Adrien's mom, and she had always been kind to me. Maybe she could help me.

I took a deep breath and dialed Emilie's number. The phone rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hello?" she said.

"Emilie, it's Marinette," I said. "I need to talk to you."

"Of course, Marinette," she said. "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath and told her everything. I told her about the photo of Adrien and Kagami, and about how I had confronted Luka. I told her about how I was feeling lost and alone.

Emilie listened patiently. When I was finished, she said, "Marinette, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that any of this was happening."

"It's not your fault," I said. "You couldn't have known."

"But I should have," she said. "I'm Adrien's mother. I'm supposed to protect him."

"You can't protect him from everything," I said. "He makes his own choices."

"I know," she said. "But I still wish I could have done something to prevent this."

We talked for a long time that night. Emilie told me how much Adrien loved me and how he wanted to be with me. She told me that he was just confused and hurt right now.

I hung up the phone feeling a little bit better after confronting my feelings and thoughts.

I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes. I could still feel the emptiness next to me, but I knew that it would be filled again soon. Right?

THOUGHTS? GUYS! I MADE IT SHORT BECAUSE I'M PROBABLY GONNA MAKE 33 PARTS OF THIS BOOK. STILL IF THE STORY ISN'T COMPLETE, I'LL SURELY MAKE ANOTHER BOOK. IT'S FINE RIGHT? TAKE CARE! I GOT 933 WORDS IN THIS CHAPTER AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER, YOU KNOW. THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT! LOVE YOU! BYE!