14 - An Unexpected Visitor

SO, Y'ALL HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR A PLOT TWIST FOR SO LONG. I GUESS IT'S TIME FOR A PLOT TWIST. AND I'M SURE YOU GUYS WILL LIKE THE PLOT TWIST. BUT I CAN GO TO SOME LENGTHS WITH PLOT TWISTS LOL! DON'T MIND ME JUST READ IT AND SUPPORT ME. IF YOU NEED ANY CHANGES OR FEEL LIKE IT'S TOO MUCH, COMMENTS AND DM ARE ALWAYS OPEN. ENJOY!

Adrien's POV

The Hawaiian beach basked in the glow of the setting sun, its golden rays casting a warm, romantic atmosphere over the idyllic scene. Adrien and Marinette strolled hand in hand, their footsteps leaving imprints in the soft sand. Laughter and the sound of crashing waves filled the air, creating a backdrop that seemed straight out of a dream.

But little did they know that the tranquility of their moment would soon be shattered. As they wandered along the shoreline, a figure emerged from the shadows, stepping into their path. Adrien's heart dropped as he recognized the familiar face of his estranged brother, Felix Graham De Vanily.

Tall and strikingly similar in appearance, Felix and Adrien could easily be mistaken for twins. But beneath their physical resemblance lay a stark contrast in character. While Adrien had grown to be caring and compassionate, Felix was known for his cunning and manipulative nature.

"Excuse me," Felix said with a sly smile, his voice dripping with a calculated charm. "It seems I've stumbled upon a romantic rendezvous."

Adrien's annoyance rose, his grip on Marinette's hand tightening instinctively. He knew all too well the lengths Felix would go to get what he desired, and the thought of his brother trying to win Marinette's affections filled him with a mix of anger and fear.

Marinette, ever the cheerful and friendly soul, greeted Felix with a hug, unaware of the tension that hung in the air. Adrien and Felix locked eyes, a silent battle of wills passing between them.

Felix seized the opportunity, requesting a private conversation with Marinette. Adrien's heart sank as she turned to him, a mixture of determination and curiosity in her eyes. She insisted on speaking with Felix, assuring Adrien that it would only be a moment.

Reluctantly, Adrien let go of her hand, his blood boiling with a potent mix of anger and jealousy. He watched as Marinette walked away with Felix, their voices carrying faintly on the breeze. Each passing second felt like an eternity, fueling his anxiety and deepening his insecurities.

As Adrien stood there, his eyes fixed on the distant figures, his mind raced with thoughts and doubts. What could Felix be saying to Marinette? What secrets and manipulations were being whispered into her ear? The romantic atmosphere that had enveloped them moments ago now felt tainted, the air heavy with uncertainty.

His imagination ran wild, conjuring images of Felix charming Marinette with his silver tongue, weaving a web of deceit around her unsuspecting heart. The mere thought of his beloved girlfriend falling for Felix's manipulations ignited a fire within Adrien, a protective instinct that burned fiercely.

Every passing second felt like an eternity until Marinette finally returned, her smile intact but her gaze filled with confusion. Adrien's heart raced, yearning for an explanation, for reassurance that his fears were unfounded.

As she approached, he tried to mask his emotions, his voice laced with a thin veneer of calm. "What did Felix want to talk about?"

Marinette's brow furrowed, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "He just wanted to catch up with some fashion designing stuff, Adrien. He mentioned some exciting things and I think he is quite of a charmer so when he asked, I gave him my number as after all he said he's your brother. So, I guess I've nothing to worry about. Anyways, he might be a charmer but nobody's better than you, my dear and so it's nothing of significance, Agreste!"