Chapter 55: Surprise!

"Coming," Ye Zhuo responded. She activated the automatic processing feature to continue running the data on the computer while she was away, then headed straight to the living room.

A man and a woman were sitting on the sofa in the living room.

They were Yi Tao and Chen Qiaoye.

Seeing Ye Zhuo come out, the two of them stood up excitedly. "Miss Ye!"

A month had passed, and Yi Tao had completely recovered. He still looked a little thin because he had been sick for too long.

He was most grateful to Ye Zhuo and Chen Qiaoye. If it weren't for Ye Zhuo's prescription and Chen Qiaoye's insistence, he wouldn't have been able to recover at all. Therefore, after he recovered, he didn't even inform his parents and came over first thing to thank Ye Zhuo.

Knowing that Ye Zhuo was very busy during the day, they specially chose to come in the evening.

"Mr. and Mrs. Yi." Ye Zhuo walked over with a smile.

At this moment, Yi Tao and Chen Qiaoye suddenly knelt in front of Ye Zhuo. This sudden scene stunned Ye Zhuo and Ye Shu.

"What are you doing? Get up quickly!"

Neither of the couple was willing to get up.

Yi Tao's eyes were slightly red as he said, "It's said that a man has gold under his knees, and therefore a man should never kneel to another person. However, Miss Ye, you have given me a second chance in life. Please accept this bow from us husband and wife!"

During the days when he was sick, Yi Tao never thought that he could get better. He even wrote a will. This feeling of escaping death could only be understood by those who had experienced it.

Moreover, although Ye Zhuo looked young, her elegant aristocratic temperament told a different story. Through this incident, Yi Tao could see Ye Zhuo's true capabilities.

Although Yi Tao was many years older than Ye Zhuo, standing in front of Ye Zhuo, he felt that he was a junior, and there was no sense of dissonance.

Ye Zhuo smiled and pulled Yi Tao and Chen Qiaoye up. "This is not a feudal society, so there's no need for you to kneel to me! Besides, as a doctor, treating patients and saving people is my responsibility!"

Chen Qiaoye took out a card and stuffed it into Ye Zhuo's hand. "Miss Ye, this card is a token of our appreciation. Please accept it!"

Ye Zhuo didn't argue and accepted the card generously.

The Yi family was a wealthy family in Yunjing. If she didn't accept it, it would be easy for people to misunderstand that she had other intentions.

After chatting in the Ye family residence for a while, the couple suggested to leave. Ye Zhuo and Ye Shu sent them off to the entrance of the estate.

After getting into the car, Chen Qiaoye looked at Yi Tao. "Should we go to Mom and Dad's place now? If they know that you're fine, they'll definitely be very happy."

Yi Tao nodded. "Mom and dad have been worried about me for so many years. We have to give them a good surprise. How about this, let's go back and make some preparations. We'll call them tomorrow morning."

"Okay!" Chen Qiaoye nodded, "Alright!"

The next morning, Chen Qiaoye gave a call to Yi Tao's parents.

The person who answered the phone was the housekeeper.

In order to give the two old people a surprise, she did not say what it was. She merely said that something very serious had happened on her side and asked the old couple to come over.