Chapter 48: Severing Ties

On top of being a single woman, Ye Shu to take care of her good-for-nothing daughter and gambling addict brother. She had no one else to rely on. Under such circumstances, she would definitely come back and beg them.

Therefore, Ye Shuai was not worried at all. He said, "Mom, just wait and see. I'll count to seven. She'll definitely come back for us."

As he spoke, Ye Shuai started counting down.

However, after the counting to seven, Ye Shu still did not turn back. It seemed that she had no such intention.

Ye Shuang frowned. She could not let Ye Shu single-handedly disrupt Lin Haifu's plan. She had to think of a way to resolve this! She quickly picked up her phone and sent a message.

Just as Ye Shu opened the door of the study, she bumped into Li Hongwei.

Li Hongwei was big and burly. Ye Shu subconsciously took a few steps back.

"Little Shu." Li Hongwei stared at Ye Shu with lecherous eyes. His gazed was fixated on Ye Shu as if she were naked.

Ye Shuang smiled and walked over. "Little Shu, we'll leave you and Mr. Li alone here. Take your time and have a little chat."

With that, Ye Shuang led everyone out of the study.

"Big Sister!" Ye Shu knew that something was wrong, so she grabbed Ye Shuang's hand.

Ye Shuang swiftly passed Ye Shu's hand over to Li Hongwei. "Mr. Li, please take good care of my fourth sister."

In Ye Shuang's eyes, Ye Shu was just pretending to be serious. Since Ye Shu was too embarrassed to admit it, she would help Ye Shu. She would let 'it' happen to Ye Shu and Li Hongwei.

"Don't worry! Don't worry!" Li Hongwei grabbed Ye Shu's hand. "Little Shu, don't worry. I'm a kind-hearted person. Let's go in and get to know each other better."

Li Hongwei was really satisfied with Ye Shu. She was beautiful and had a good figure. She was more beautiful than any of his previous mistresses.

Since the Lin family and the Ye family had agreed to this matter, he didn't have to endure any longer. He couldn't wait any longer.

Ye Shuang didn't give Ye Shu the chance to refuse at all. She directly closed the door behind her.

"Little Shu..." Li Hongwei once again stretched out his perverted hand toward Ye Shu.

"Let go of me!" Ye Shu batted Li Hongwei's hand away and hid at a corner.

Li Hongwei's eyes flashed with a wretched light. He rubbed his hands and said, "Such a wild temper? But I like it!"

...

Outside.

Seeing everyone but her mother walking out of the study room, Ye Zhuo sensed something strange was going on. "Where's my mother?"

'She's such a wild child, rude and impudent!'

Ye Shuang frowned. "Who are you talking to? Didn't your mother teach you how to properly address your elders? You have no manners at all!"

A joyous laugh could be heard from the side. "Mother, look at what you're saying. If she had manners, my fourth aunt wouldn't have given birth to her out of wedlock." These words were insinuating that Ye Shu was a bad person.

The person who spoke was Lin Xue.

In Lin Xue's eyes, Ye Shu and Ye Zhuo were two poor and pitiful people, so she wasn't afraid of offending Ye Zhuo.