Chapter 22: Moving Day

A chubby woman walked into the house and asked in puzzlement, "Ye Shu, did your family make a fortune? Did you win the lottery? How are you moving away so easily just like this?"

Ye Shu was supposed to be a mistress Could it be that she had returned to her former profession?

Otherwise, where did her money come from?

The chubby woman pondered over and over again.

However, Ye Shu solved her dilemma by looking over to Ye Zhuo with a smile. "It's all Zhuo Zhuo's contribution. The child is quite intelligent, and she managed to make some money from her stocks investment."

Upon hearing that, the chubby woman said enviously, "Ye Shu! You raised a good daughter! If my Little Yue had your daughter's capability, I bet our family would have moved out of here too!"

A daughter raised by a wealthy family was different from the rest here. It was expected if she were raised with good morals; however, this one was even capable of making money!

Upon saying that, the chubby woman looked toward Ye Zhuo and said, "Zhuo Zhuo, how did you make the investment, huh? Teach our Little Yue too at your convenience so that she can make some money and take us out of this damned place!"

The people around them immediately chimed in and said, "Teach our children too!"

Ye Zhuo smiled. "Investing in the stock market is just like a gamble. There are wins and losses. Some people lose so much that they became bankrupt too. I don't have the qualifications to teach that, and I can't guarantee that anyone will be profiting from it."

Upon hearing that, the chubby woman's expression changed at once.

'Narrow-minded! She is too narrow-minded! She would not even agree to share a small amount of knowledge. She must have only made a small return, right? What was so impressive about that? She is just an illegitimate child! Had it not been her capability to make some money, who would even notice her? Who does she think she is? Does she really think that she is still the precious daughter of a wealthy family?'

The chubby woman feigned a smile on her face. "There's a saying that a distant relative is not as helpful as a close neighbor. We have been neighbors for so many years... you won't refuse to help us with this little favor, right? Oh Zhuo Zhuo, let's make some money together!"

They had been neighbors for so many years, so what did Ye Zhuo have to lose from teaching her daughter?

Nonetheless, had it not been for Ye Zhuo's ability to make money, she would have refused to pay any attention to an illegitimate daughter raised by a mistress!

Meanwhile, Ye Zhuo's expression remained the same. "Madam, this is not an issue of whether I'm willing to teach or not, but it's an issue of my not being able to guarantee if Little Yue can make money after I teach her."

"If you can make a profit, then why can't our Little Yue make a profit too? Our Little Yue doesn't have any fewer limbs than you!" The chubby woman then said in an eccentric tone, "It's fine if you don't want to teach, but why do you have to come up with so many excuses!? I will just consider this experience as me finally seeing your true colors! Due to your hesitation, I believe that your money was not made from stock investments, but it is perhaps made in some dubious ways, right? In this entire neighborhood, who isn't aware that your mother is a."

Ye Zhuo's interest was piqued. She lived two lives, yet it was still her first time meeting such a shameless person. However, she had never been a person who would do nothing when she was bullied.