Chapter 10.1: Mercenaries and their mission

"My brother in Christ, we are just humans. What the fuck are you talking about?!" Asked Texas frustrated at Ozpin, his voice booming and reverberating off the walls of his office sat top the CCT tower. In front of the group was, Ozpin sitting in front of them behind his desk hands clasped together. "Well its important you know that this world is not like yours. You know when I came from my original one...things were very different." He gets up and looks out of the window into the distance arms behind his back. "It was like coming from a fantasy into reality..but I assume its the opposite for you given your shock at Glynda's powers" a uncomfortable feeling began to creep its way into the mercenaries, like a snake slithering its way up a man's pants along his legs.

Ozpin presses a button, his hard light dust computer comes up with a screen, a map of the emerald forest. Like a king atop a throne beacon academy was situated on a steep almost 90 agree clif from the forest down bellow as it seemed to go on forever outwards from the border with the academy. A marker pointed to a large structure clearly in ruins inside the forest located near the cliff. "This will be your first mission, I have a concern about a particular few students for tomorrows initiation...well you should know who this is" the image of a teenage girl with short black red tipped hair flashed onto the 'screen'. "Hot shit, she's a student?" Texas mumbles remembering her face from the night of that incident.

"Yes, even though she has proven herself on that night...I do not think she is ready to fight as the Grimm that can be found in the fotest yet in such a setting. We've had a few...incidents...the last 5 years initiations so Glynda would usually shadow the students through the camera system but I think since your here you can help her this year. We do tell the students that there will be no help but this is frankly a lie. Take some pressure off her shoulders alright?" So a espionage mission? This will be interesting both the BEAR and USECs have not done such a mission in awhile, not even during the contract wars since everyone was busy in actual combat.

"Alright fair enough, give us the details."

"Since you do not have auras and thus no semblance. There will be arranged bullhead transport into the area. Your scrolls will have access to the emerald forest camera system but in the event that you are not able to find her you may use a map to camp out the temple where the students will be heading. I trust you all to use your time wisely."

The mission sounded easy, all they had to do was shadow a girl and probably fight a bunch of black wolves or hogs. All 4 of then understood their mission well enough to carry it out, it was not exactly rocket science after all. Follow a girl and make sure she does not get mauled or dies in a freak accident. Although a taint of doubt stained their minds as to the girl itself, when they first met her she had inhuman speed to dodge attacks and even a flare. She had the ability to turn into a flurry of petals and rush forward like a missile towards a location. But a mission was a mission and they were willing to do it to keep the status quo. Can't be worse than Jaeger quests...

"What time is it?"