7

Clara remained calm, in contrast to Gabriella, who spoke loudly and with intense emotion.

"Listen carefully, Gabriella. After meeting the King, you will bear his child. You will share your fate with the child. That child's life will be far more miserable than yours. You will die, and the child will follow," Clara explained.

Gabriella gasped, "No! No!" She crawled backward until she hit a pillar, and Clara watched her expressionless.

"Kill me, Madam! Kill me!" Gabriella crawled forward and quickly embraced Clara's legs. "Madam, please! I beg you!"

"If you were in my shoes, what would you do?" Clara's expression turned cold.

Gabriella was shocked by that expression. "Madam, what have I done to make you hate me so much?" Her hands released Clara's legs, lost energy.

"Since that night, I sensed a change in you, and with each passing day, you grow to despise me more. Am I not right, Madam?" Gabriella's gaze met Clara's.

Clara smiled, "I want to help you, Gabriella. Do you trust me? Don't you believe in God? Then consider me God and trust in me."

"No, Madam," Gabriella replied firmly. "You're not God, and I don't trust you."

"What if we make a bet? Meet the King and bear his child. Upon the birth of the child, I'll give you a reward. I'll make you a servant of God, as you desire."

Gabriella didn't answer. Of course, she didn't trust Clara's words, this woman spoke nonsensically. She always played with words. Though Clara didn't harm Gabriella, for some reason, Gabriella felt she was dangerous. She wasn't someone to approach but to be avoided.

Clara's expression turned cold again, "Gabriella, without making a bet with me, you will still meet the King and have a child. Your life and your child's will suffer greatly. Is that what you want?"

"If you bet with me, I'll give you and your child a reward. You'll become what you've always wanted, and your child won't share your fate. You won't be harmed, instead, you'll get benefit, isn't that right?" Clara said.

"Clara, why are you still here?" Emily suddenly showed up and approached both of them.

Emily's arrival allowed Gabriella to breathe freely again. She turned to Emily, then to Clara, whose expression had now changed 180 degrees, surprising Gabriella even more.

"Aren't you with Marla?" Clara asked in return.

"Answer my question first."

"I'm accompanying this girl. She asked me to take a brief look at the King's Palace. Isn't that right, Ella? Your name is Ella, isn't it?" Clara asked Gabriella.

Gabriella shook her head, of course. She never made such a request, and from the beginning, Clara called her Gabriella, not Ella. But Clara's expression was not that of someone who had been talking to her all this time.

"Clara, I don't think you can do it," Emily said.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't pretend. Look, the girl looks frightened and is on the floor. You must have treated her roughly, right? I'm disappointed in you."

Clara looked at Gabriella, realizing Emily's words. "Ah, Ella! Why are you on the floor? Did you fall?"

Clara reached for Gabriella's shoulder to help her stand, but Gabriella immediately pushed her away. She stood up on her own and gave Clara a sharp look. All of this didn't escape Emily's attention.

"What's wrong with this lowly servant? Why is she giving me a sharp look?" Emily asked angrily.

"Emily, remember what I said earlier?" Clara said.

Emily snorted, "Let's meet His Majesty now, we've been here too long," and Emily immediately dragged Gabriella away.

***

[King's Chamber.]

The King sat on his large sofa, enjoying his wine. The windows in his chamber were wide open, with no fire lit. He took advantage of the moonlight to illuminate his room.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

A knock on the door was heard.

"Your Majesty, I have prepared her," Emily said loudly.

"Bring her in," the King commanded.

Emily and Clara brought Gabriella into the room, and she entered with very heavy steps. Upon seeing the King, Gabriella immediately prostrated herself, surprising Emily and Clara, who exchanged glances.

"Your Majesty! I beg you! I don't want to do this!" Gabriella exclaimed.

"Damn! Why is she jeopardizing us? At least wait for us to leave the room first!" Emily whispered to Clara.

No response came, and Gabriella pleaded again. "As everyone knows, Your Majesty is a wise and generous leader! I beg you, Your Majesty! Please release me! Return me to the Queen!"

The King smiled slightly, placing his glass down and standing up. He approached Gabriella. "Everyone? Who are they?"

Gabriella lifted her head. "Your Majesty..."

"As you said, I will release you and return you to the Queen. But you must tell me the names of those who consider me a wise and generous leader. All of them, without missing a single name."

Gabriella's body tensed, her head bowed. "How can I possibly know everyone, Your Majesty?"

"Didn't you say it? Everyone know... So, who are they?"

Gabriella didn't answer, for there was no answer to that question. She didn't know the names of all the inhabitants of the kingdom of Nocturnia, nor did she know who regarded the King as a wise and generous leader. Gabriella realized that the King had decisively defeated her.

As Clara had said, her meeting with the King and her fate afterward could not be changed. The suffering she had endured would turn into something more cruel and painful. The pain she could still endure would become unbearable. Gabriella was defeated by reality.

The King then instructed Emily and Clara to leave.

"Wait..." Gabriella stood up and walked unsteadily toward Clara, who looked at her strangely and confused. She then grabbed Clara's arm very tightly until Clara winced in pain.

"I will do it! Let's make a bet!" Gabriella exclaimed.

Clara's lips smiled as darkness engulfed both her and Gabriella. "I'm very pleased, Gabriella, because I will soon have a submissive servant," she said, and the situation returned to normal.

"Ella, are you okay?" Clara tried to snap Gabriella out of her trance.

Emily, seeing the chaos, immediately pulled Clara away. "Your Majesty, we take our leave. Enjoy your evening."

Haahhh... Haahhh...

Gabriella tried to breathe normally. She then smiled and turned around, sensually walking towards the King who awaited her.

"Your Majesty... You are very handsome," Gabriella praised with insincerity.

Like the Queen, the King also possessed a charming face. Like other members of the royalty, he inherited a handsome face and a tempting body. Under normal circumstances, spending the night with the King might be a blessing and good fortune. But not under these circumstances.

The King, who had never spent the night with a woman other than the Queen, certainly had his reasons. Now, he desired a woman for the first time, and that woman was Gabriella, a Special Maid to the Queen—a situation that was increasingly unforgivable.

The Queen's gaze and the actions of the Crown Prince before had made Gabriella realize that she could only surrender herself to the King and make the best of the situation.