5

With Gabriella's guidance, the Queen slowly descended the stairs, and all eyes remained fixed on her. One by one, she stepped down each step until she reached the ground floor. The line of invited guests in front of the Queen slowly paid their respects. As the Queen's feet moved, the other invited guests followed suit, offering their respects.

They all bowed, paying their respects, and their bodies turned to follow the Queen's back as she led the way. The Queen's chin rose higher, and she felt extremely confident with a broad smile. She then looked at the princes and princesses waiting for her. Then, the Queen's gaze landed on the King, and her smile instantly disappeared.

When all eyes were on the Queen, only the King didn't look in her direction. He was looking at the figure on his right, the Special Maid, Gabriella...

"Now, the King will create the story of your life, Gabriella," Maria whispered softly.

***

The Queen suddenly stopped. Everyone tried to peek by slightly raising their heads, trying to find out what was happening, and they were all shocked by the Queen's fierce expression. Her sharp gaze was fixed on the Special Maid who was guiding her.

Gabriella, unaware of anything, remained bowed. However, the Queen called her name, "Ella..."

Gabriella slowly lifted her face, and SMACK! The Queen slapped her instantly. Everyone was startled. The Crown Prince immediately approached his mother.

"Mother, what's happening?" asked the Crown Prince, Ricinus Nocturnia.

The Queen immediately grabbed her son's hand, and Ricinus could feel her trembling hand. He sharply looked at Gabriella, who was sitting on the floor.

"Guards! Take this maid away!" Ricinus shouted.

Gabriella immediately panicked, not knowing what she had done wrong. "Your Majesty! Your Majesty! I beg for your forgiveness! I beg for your forgiveness!" Gabriella immediately prostrated herself. But the Queen paid no attention, and the guards immediately dragged her away.

Whispers spread throughout the room, including among the Maids of Honor and the Special Maids. They didn't know what Gabriella had done wrong. From the beginning, they hadn't seen any mistake, and the Queen had never slapped Gabriella without reason, especially in public, in front of everyone.

"Maria, do you know what's happening?" Emily whispered to her.

"Now you're talking to me?" Maria retorted because Emily rarely spoke to her. Emily felt Maria was beneath her as the Head Maid of Honor.

"Don't pick a fight with me now! I'm the one asking!"

"I refuse to answer."

Emily immediately sighed in frustration.

***

[Glass Garden.]

The Queen sat, accompanied by Ricinus. She sat gracefully, but her pale face couldn't be hidden at all. Ricinus, who was seeing his mother like this for the first time, became confused, not knowing what to do. So Ricinus just sat in front of his mother while tightly holding the Queen's hand.

"Castor..." The Queen called Ricinus by a nickname that could only be used by the main members of the royal family, which were the King, Queen, Princes, and Princesses.

Ricinus' heart immediately raced because the Queen only used that nickname in serious situations. But there was no serious situation at the moment. The kingdom was in a time of peace, with no infiltrators, no spies, no rivals, nothing except...

"Have you seen the Special Maid beside me?" The Queen asked, but her eyes were looking in another direction.

"Yes, Queen Mother. I've seen her. I've already instructed the guards to remove her from the palace," Ricinus replied.