4

[A week before the Kingdom's Blessing event.]

"Ella, what do you think?" the Queen asked Gabriella for her opinion on the dress she was wearing.

"I like the design, Your Majesty, but the color is not very appealing."

"Is that so?" The Queen turned to look at her reflection in the mirror, saying, "This color is beautiful. What's your reasoning?"

"What Your Majesty says is indeed true. The color is beautiful and on-trend. However, many people will wear it, and it will become ordinary."

The Queen paused and gazed at Gabriella. "If I were to issue a ban, then no one would dare to wear this color."

"True, Your Majesty. But the color still remains common, it might even look cheap."

"Gabriella..." Maria interrupted.

The Queen halted Maria and then lifted the hem of her dress and walked towards Gabriella. "Are you saying I look cheap if I insist on wearing it?"

"Of course not, Your Majesty. I'm just explaining. Whatever Your Majesty does, that color has lost its value. I recommend a different color. One that everyone has worn, one that they've also avoided."

The Queen opened her arms wide. Quickly, the Maid of Honor helped remove the dress she was wearing.

"Tell me, what color is it?" the Queen asked.

"Black, Your Majesty."

The Head Maid of Honor, Emily, immediately slapped Gabriella, and Maria could only sigh because she knew the slap was bound to happen. Gabriella herself immediately bowed and prostrated.

"I apologize for my indiscretion, Your Majesty."

The Queen sighed, "Honestly, I don't understand your thought, Ella. But I have to admit that your advice is always right. That's why I often ask you, and you often receive slaps from me."

The Queen then returned to the small stage. "Bring me the latest collection of black dresses!" she shouted.

Marla, the Maid of Honor in charge of the Queen's wardrobe, spoke, "Your Majesty, the black dress you have is only suitable for funerals, and because of its purpose, it has a simple design. I don't think it's suitable for a grand event that only happens every five years."

The Queen looked pensive and then glanced at Gabriella, who was still prostrated. "Rise," she ordered, and Gabriella finally lifted her face.

"What do you think? Should I keep wearing it? Or should I make an extraordinary dress, but within a month... I think I could kill all the dressmakers in the country for that one dress."

"The women in this kingdom only know that your previous dress would be worn during the Kingdom's Blessing event. Now, every dress shop must have received long orders to make similar dresses, especially in the same color. By wearing the simple black dress you have, those women will have no idea. This information is known only by the people in this room right now. Even the King is unaware," Gabriella explained thoroughly.

Maria immediately glanced at Gabriella for bringing the King into the matter. Meanwhile, the Queen smiled.

"I'm glad to have you as my Special Maid. I accept your advice," the Queen said.

"Emily, I will wear the funeral dress," she instructed Emily. Emily nodded and brought the dress.

***

[The Kingdom's Blessing event.]

On the day of the event, as Gabriella had predicted, the women who attended wore dresses with a similar style to the Queen's and a color that was nearly identical. Even the men used this color for their attire. The Queen, upon hearing this, smiled.

"That girl is truly extraordinary. Isn't she, Cassandra?" the Queen asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty. However, I have concerns."

"Tell me."

"I'm afraid of her presence. The girl is remarkable, as Your Majesty has mentioned. She learns and adapts well. In fact, she often provides us with new information. But isn't being extraordinary also dangerous?" Cassandra explained.

The Queen extended her hand, and Cassandra quickly handed her a glass of water. "What are you afraid of? I am the Queen, and that girl is just..." The Queen sipped her water elegantly, "...a Special maid. Even if she didn't work in the Queen's Palace, she'd be just a servant. She is too lowly for someone as high as me."

"You are right, Your Majesty. I apologize for my audacious thoughts," Cassandra bowed.

Marla then arrived and handed the Queen a simple black dress. The Queen put it on. Although it was relatively plain, when worn by the Queen, it transformed into something extraordinary. The dress radiated an even more exceptional aura of beauty.

The Queen looked at her reflection in the mirror, smiling with satisfaction. "Marla, have you carried out my orders?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

***

Gabriella stood up with her body shaking, even her hands were shaking violently. The glove-covered hand she was supporting held her slowly. Gabriella immediately looked at the owner.

"Isn't the gift I gave you extraordinary?" the Queen asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The Queen looked ahead and said, "I instructed Marla to prepare white dresses for the Special Maids and the Maids of Honor. But for you, as the main gift, I asked Marla to create a dress that would make you look like a princess. Of course, you will never look like a real princess, let alone look like my daughters."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

From behind, Maria watched. Gabriella was wearing a pure white dress, with no excessive designs. The dress even looked much simpler than the Queen's gown. Compared to the dresses of the other attendants, Gabriella's was only slightly better. But what caught Maria's attention was not the dress but Gabriella herself.

The girl stood slightly in front of the Queen, on her right side, extending her hand, with the Queen's hand resting on hers. Her body was slightly bent, and her head was slightly lowered. She walked, guiding the Queen, who was about to enter the event space.

"THE SHINING STAR OF THE KINGDOM OF NOCTURNIA!

WELCOME TO THE JOY AND BEAUTY OF THE KINGDOM OF NOCTURNIA!

QUEEN BELLADONNA NOCTURNIA!"

The event's announcer shouted, announcing the Queen's arrival to the invited guests. The Queen's presence on the top floor immediately drew a lot of attention. The Queen stood confidently, while Gabriella bowed beside her. The Maids of Honor covered their faces with feathered fans, and the Special Maids stood with their heads lowered.

The invited guests were in awe of the Queen's perfect beauty and magnificence. The Queen smiled with satisfaction. They also started discussing the Queen's simple black dress, which they did not expect. A taboo color for any occasion other than funerals, but the Queen dared to wear it.

The dress succeeded in making the Queen shine even brighter and radiate a power so strong compared to the dresses of other colors she had ever worn. The Queen looked authoritative, firm, and wise. All of this was thanks to Gabriella's advice, and the Queen gave her a slight smile.