𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 29. a boy, a girl and a ghost

Start from the beginning

"Okay. What's the point? Make me laugh."
The blond boy glared at him.

"Well..."
He tried to explain it easily, "For me, people born in October can see ghosts or spirits."

"Don't tell me you think that because of Halloween?"

Sunghoon sketched a smile trying not to burst out laughing. However, Heeseung didn't reply, ashamed. His silence was becoming so heavy that...

"So this is about Halloween..."
He pressed his hand against his face.

"That's definitely special."

"Yeah... Dumb as fuck."
He rolled his eyes.

"Sunghoon, can you be a little kinder? It's a real blessing to have another person to rely on."

She could take no more of her friend's inappropriate remarks. Heeseung seemed really embarrassed.

"I think it's a mistake. He's not link the way you and I are."

"What do you mean by that?"
Asked the second boy.

The heroine tried to calm down, not wanting to give in to anger. She sighed and turned back to her classmate with a big smile. She knelt down in front of him but Sunghoon frowned and looked away, not liking what he saw.

"Your theory isn't stupid it's just... Not the one I share with Sunghoon."
She glared at the ghost, "In fact, he indirectly saved my life. That's why I can see him, I owe him my own life."

"...How did he save you?"

"I had a lung transplant."
She pressed her hand against her chest. "These are his lungs inside me."

"A transplant?"

"Yes, I have a respiratory disease. Does that surprise you?"

He nodded slowly and stood up to Nana's astonishment. Suddenly, he slowly unbuttoned his shirt while looking at her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"
Sunghoon stood between him and the girl.

He removed the cloth completely and threw it to the ground. He remained motionless in front of the two bewildered individuals.

On his chest, there was a large scar. As if he'd had surgery, as if he'd had a transplant too.

"What the hell?"
As he took a few steps back, Nana stepped forward and examined his scar.

"You've had a transplant."

"Heart. Now I think I know my donor." He glanced at Sunghoon, who grimaced.

"That's why you can see it then. Fantastic, my theory is right. Were you sick too? If you want to talk about it—"