𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 00. the only path

☆00

☆00. the only path
▃▃▃
[PILOT]

a boy died a few days ago. shocking, right? i was also very surprise even if i didn't really know him.

he was very talented and popular at school. i saw him several times at the ice rink in the gymnasium, he was a member of the sport club.

i noticed him, often skating alone around 6pm when classes were over.

the gymnasium is one of my favorite place, it's huge and quiet when the sport club isn't there. i used to hide behind the bleachers, draw and read books while listening his skates crack on the ice floor.

i knew him like that but... in fact, he didn't even know i was there. the only thing we had in common seemed to be the gymnasium.

after my classmate's death, the school closed. it was to be expected, but it's pretty upsetting.

[...]

the school has been bought out. apparently, it will open in 2 months with a new headmaster.

yesterday, the former headmaster held a mass to honor the boy. i think the whole school was there but not me, it's useless to mourn the death of someone you're barely know.

it wasn't really selfishness, i've only just recovered from my surgery and i'm exhausted. i don't think anyone noticed that i wasn't there.

i seem indifferent but the fact that i'm writing in my diary after months of neglect shows how intrigued i am actually.

i'll never see him skate again and there'll be no opportunity to get to know him.

[...]

it's official, the school opens soon but with certain conditions due to the tragic event. besides, i don't know much about the circumstances of his death.

apparently, he died just in front of the gymnasium's entrance. other people say he was found in the middle of the ice rink. i have no opinion and i don't want to know anything.

a student has an acquaintance who works in the police. rumor has it that the killer has still not been found, and the evidence is minimal.

access to the school is quite limited, so it's odd that a random guy would come in and kill a student for no reason. maybe it's another student, or a teacher..?

[...]

i've been writing a lot, my hands hurt. in short, i have nothing more to say.

his death affected many people because it reminded us how precious life was and that the reaper could destroy anyone.

no matter the age, no matter the fame.

life is made like this: we're born, we live then we die. it's the only path.

well... rest in peace sunghoon.

nana.